Register to reply

Email Notification

by staddum
Tags: email, notification
Share this thread:
staddum
Dec14-10, 01:26 PM
P: 6
I'm not sure if this has been reported or talked about already. I did a quick search and didn't find anything so:

Despite having changed my account options (as you can see here: http://img88.imageshack.us/f/semttuloct.jpg/) i keep getting e-mail's whenever some1 posts in a thread i'm subscribed in.

Is this suppose to be like this?

thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists discover RNA modifications in some unexpected places
Scientists discover tropical tree microbiome in Panama
'Squid skin' metamaterials project yields vivid color display
Evo
Dec14-10, 01:44 PM
Mentor
P: 26,655
Quote Quote by staddum View Post
I'm not sure if this has been reported or talked about already. I did a quick search and didn't find anything so:

Despite having changed my account options (as you can see here: http://img88.imageshack.us/f/semttuloct.jpg/) i keep getting e-mail's whenever some1 posts in a thread i'm subscribed in.

Is this suppose to be like this?

thanks in advance.
Try setting to "do not subcribe".
NeoDevin
Dec14-10, 03:07 PM
P: 687
After setting that option to "no email notification" I think that all your previous subscriptions still have email notifications. So you shouldn't get any notifications for new threads, just when someone comments to thread that you subscribed to previously.

Either wait a while for these threads to die, or go through to manually unsubscribe and resubscribe to any threads you want to follow (making sure to choose "no email notification" when you do).

Edit: Better advice:

Go to your usercp, choose "List Subscriptions" along the left side, click the checkbox at the top to select all, go to the drop down box at the bottom and choose "No email notification". You may need to repeat this if you have more than one page worth of subscriptions.

staddum
Dec15-10, 03:43 AM
P: 6
Email Notification

Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Try setting to "do not subcribe".
Hey evo. Just to let you know, it does not work.

Quote Quote by NeoDevin View Post
After setting that option to "no email notification" I think that all your previous subscriptions still have email notifications. So you shouldn't get any notifications for new threads, just when someone comments to thread that you subscribed to previously.

Either wait a while for these threads to die, or go through to manually unsubscribe and resubscribe to any threads you want to follow (making sure to choose "no email notification" when you do).

Edit: Better advice:

Go to your usercp, choose "List Subscriptions" along the left side, click the checkbox at the top to select all, go to the drop down box at the bottom and choose "No email notification". You may need to repeat this if you have more than one page worth of subscriptions.
Just did the second advice. Not sure if i need to do it whenever i subscribe to a new thread, probably ya. Anyhow, ty.
NeoDevin
Dec15-10, 11:02 AM
P: 687
Quote Quote by staddum View Post
Hey evo. Just to let you know, it does not work.

Just did the second advice. Not sure if i need to do it whenever i subscribe to a new thread, probably ya. Anyhow, ty.
If you set the option for when you post to "No Email Notification", then you shouldn't have to do it every time.
Redbelly98
Dec16-10, 07:24 PM
Mentor
P: 12,074
Quote Quote by NeoDevin View Post
Exactly.

Eventually those old threads will mostly die off, but if any suddenly become active again you can unsubscribe, then resubscribe, to disable the email option for that thread. I still occasionally have to do this, and it's been about 2 years since I changed my notification setting. (It only happens every couple months or so, so it's not a big deal.)

Register to reply