View Poll Results: vote for as many as you want and might actually vote for President
Obama 43 69.35%
Romney 18 29.03%
Santorum 0 0%
Gingrich 7 11.29%
Perry 5 8.06%
Paul 22 35.48%
Huntsman 1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

The 2011 presidential election poll

by moejoe15
Tags: 2011, election, poll, presidential
Share this thread:
moejoe15
Oct30-11, 09:39 AM
P: 39
Let's start the election early. Our system doesn't give us the opportunity to cast a no vote unfortunately so this poll essentially will. You can vote yes for as many candidates as you want that you think you could actually vote for. Obviously you may not be an Obama fan but you might vote for him depending on who was running against him, and verse vica.

I probably missed someone but I think I caught who the actual candidates will be. I threw a couple more dems in for heck of it.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
WhoWee
Oct30-11, 10:44 AM
P: 1,123
I voted for everyone except Obama.
lisab
Oct30-11, 01:04 PM
Mentor
P: 2,980
Dang, somehow it registered a Gore vote from me...totally unintentional, I would not vote for him.

Evo
Oct30-11, 01:10 PM
Mentor
P: 26,488
The 2011 presidential election poll

What's the point of multiple votes? Selecting everyone doesn't show anything. Heck, I could add my dog, he might win.

Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Dang, somehow it registered a Gore vote from me...totally unintentional, I would not vote for him.
Fixed.

Why is Gore up there?
BobG
Oct30-11, 01:11 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,278
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
It's fitting in a way. I'm sure a lot of voters in Palm Beach, FL didn't really intend to vote for Pat Buchanon.

I'm sure Gore would consider winning an informal poll in PF a fair trade for losing FL in the 2000 election.

In fact, I wish I'd read your post before I voted, because I would have tossed in a Gore vote, too, just to make him feel better.
BobG
Oct30-11, 01:15 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
What's the point of multiple votes? Selecting everyone doesn't show anything. Heck, I could add my dog, he might win.

Fixed.

Why is Gore up there?
It's actually a valid voting system that provides a better chance of electing a candidate most voters like than the current system. Voting for only one candidate means your second choice for Pres receives no votes from you, and means he ties with the candidate you hate the most. It's possible to elect a candidate that a majority of voters despise if people split their vote among several candidates almost everyone likes.

In other words, 70% of voters could like candidates A, B, and C, while 70% of voters would vote for your dog before they vote for candidate D. Still, if A, B, and C split that 70%, the 30% that actually do like candidate D would win.

In fact, my district had a primary election like that, with 6 candidates. By time the low turnout for a primary election was split in a close 6-way election, an absolutely horrible candidate won the nomination with a little over 5,000 votes in a district where the Republican is virtually guaranteed to win, no matter how bad (of course, this particular candidate was so bad, he barely won out over the Democrat in a district where the Democratic Party is practically non-existent).

Religious conservatives were able to push him over the top, in spite of him being more qualified than only one candidate (the candidate who's main campaign slogan was that he was the brother of Paul Bremer, the guy that ran Iraq reconstruction immediately after the invasion).
turbo
Oct30-11, 01:19 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by BobG View Post
It's actually a valid voting system that provides a better chance of electing a candidate most voters like than the current system. Voting for only one candidate means your second choice for Pres receives no votes from you, and means he ties with the candidate you hate the most. It's possible to elect a candidate that a majority of voters despise if people split their vote among several candidates almost everyone likes.
So true, Bob. That's why we have "Governor" Paul LePage. The Tea Party candidate got in because people split between Libby Mitchell and Elliott Cutler (both acceptable choices, IMO).
BobG
Oct30-11, 01:29 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Fixed.

Why is Gore up there?[/QUOTE]

Election fraud!!! I demand a full investigation of this!!!
WhoWee
Oct30-11, 02:34 PM
Quote Quote by BobG View Post
Fixed.

Why is Gore up there?
Election fraud!!! I demand a full investigation of this!!![/QUOTE]

turbo
Oct30-11, 02:38 PM
PF Gold
Pull down your grampy-glasses and pretend to inspect holes in punch-cards so that Scotus can appoint a new president. That's the stuff that third-world countries are made of.
WhoWee
Oct30-11, 03:20 PM
I don't believe for a second that Hillary wouldn't beat Obama in a PF election.
Pythagorean
Oct30-11, 03:35 PM
PF Gold
P: 4,262
no Bachmann, Romney, or Palin please.

Don't know enough about or don't care enough about the rest.

Can I write myself in?
Pythagorean
Oct30-11, 03:38 PM
PF Gold
P: 4,262
Since our country is silly enough to vote for Bush twice in a row, we might as well let Obama play in his sandbox more. I mean, this whole politics thing is a joke anyway.
WhoWee
Oct30-11, 03:43 PM
Quote Quote by Pythagorean View Post
Since our country is silly enough to vote for Bush twice in a row, we might as well let Obama play in his sandbox more. I mean, this whole politics thing is a joke anyway.
I sincerely hope nobody agrees with you about letting Obama continue to play in his political sandbox.
turbo
Oct30-11, 03:48 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by WhoWee View Post
I sincerely hope nobody agrees with you about letting Obama continue to play in his political sandbox.
Would you prefer Bachmann, Perry, or Romney? If so why? There isn't a single GOP candidate that has a plan (even a clue!) that passes the straight-face test, IMO. When party politics trumps common sense, we all lose.
WhoWee
Oct30-11, 03:53 PM
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Would you prefer Bachmann, Perry, or Romney? If so why? There isn't a single GOP candidate that has a plan (even a clue!) that passes the straight-face test, IMO. When party politics trumps common sense, we all lose.
Why don't you enlighten us - compare Romney to Obama - background, experience, accomplishments, ideology - please?

Btw turbo - did you miss this?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...l6J_story.html

"The far-reaching economic plan that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney put forward on Tuesday relies heavily on the premise that reviving the economy depends on getting the government out of the way of corporations.

Romney’s prescription for the country’s ailing economy includes overhauling federal tax, regulatory, trade and energy policies. His is a collection of business-friendly ideas that fit neatly within the mainstream of the Republican Party, with a few innovative proposals sprinkled throughout, namely tougher stances on China and labor unions."
lisab
Oct30-11, 03:53 PM
Mentor
P: 2,980
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Fixed.
Thank you !
ginru
Oct30-11, 03:56 PM
P: 2
The Anybody-But-Obama crowd is vocal but honestly most of the Republican candidates don't fill me with any optimism whatsoever. Ron Paul is the only one I'd consider voting for over Obama since he seems genuine in his beliefs (not just a typical politician pandering for votes like Romney) and he seems willing to really shake things up. Potentially destructive, I know, but I'm in favor of that rather than business as usual.

Register to reply