Skyrim gameplay videos!

by Mépris
Tags: gameplay, skyrim, videos
Share this thread:
radou
Dec15-11, 01:57 AM
HW Helper
P: 3,224
My character's name is "blabla", since I was too excited to think of a decent name when I first played, now I'm level 26 and too lazy to start all over again.
Borek
Dec15-11, 02:15 AM
Admin
P: 23,363
I am a level 39 Bosmer - mostly using an ebony bow, plus an enchanted ring (+28% for archery) and an enchanted helmet (+33% for archery). Add to that over 80 in stealth and you know how I play. At least half of the opponents doesn't survive first arrow, especially as the damage is multiplied by 3 for a surprise attack.

Truth is, I suck at combat.
radou
Dec15-11, 02:31 AM
HW Helper
Anyone married in the game?
Borek
Dec15-11, 02:40 AM
Admin
No, although apparently I was close after a drinking contest. But this quest is waiting.
radou
Dec15-11, 02:40 AM
HW Helper
I married Mjoll The Lioness from Riften. Riften has hot chicks. Too bad you can't marry more of them.
Filip Larsen
Dec15-11, 04:23 AM
PF Gold
P: 953
Quote Quote by radou View Post
Anyone married in the game?
I'm supposed to get married tomorrow ... if I remember to show up between dawn and dusk, which can be hard with all those caves and forts around full with bandits and treasures ...
Dembadon
Dec15-11, 10:32 AM
PF Gold
P: 641
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
Wow! That person must be really into the series; it looks like a real tattoo.
Dembadon
Dec15-11, 10:36 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Pythagorean View Post
Morrowind was a more free engine; I miss float spell/potions.
I do not miss cliff racers.

Edit: Sorry for the double-post, can merge with previous post.
radou
Dec15-11, 12:46 PM
HW Helper
Quote Quote by Dembadon View Post
I do not miss cliff racers.
I second that, specially on lower levels.

Actually, if someone asked me what's my favourite (starting from Morrowind, since I never played Arena and had Daggerfall installed (!) but never played it seriously), I can only answer in terms of a few relations - Oblivion is definitely a good game, but compared to the other two, well, they're simply better. I thing Morrowind could be my favourite, but Skyrim is very close to Morrowind, if you ask me. Maybe it's because of the music exploring track which apperas in both of them, it adds up to the atmosphere greatly.
Pythagorean
Dec15-11, 01:42 PM
PF Gold
P: 4,262
Yeah clif racers were annoying.
Borek
Dec15-11, 01:46 PM
Admin
In a way system is dumbed down with each new release. At least that's how I feel.
Dembadon
Dec15-11, 01:51 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
In a way system is dumbed down with each new release. At least that's how I feel.
It's like this with many videogames. If the companies make them easier, then more people will be able to play them, so they can make more sales. Sometimes the changes are improvements, but other times they remove complexities that were actually fun.
radou
Dec15-11, 02:55 PM
HW Helper
I agree with posts #29 and #30, Oblivion and Skyrim seemed to have went in a more "interactive" direction, in a simplistic way. But yes, I guess that's a necessary condition for acheiving a mass product.
Borek
Dec15-11, 04:31 PM
Admin
Quote Quote by Dembadon View Post
It's like this with many videogames. If the companies make them easier, then more people will be able to play them, so they can make more sales. Sometimes the changes are improvements, but other times they remove complexities that were actually fun.
You are talking to an ex-Editor in Chief of a monthly magazine about computer games It started in early nineties.
xiMy
Dec15-11, 05:06 PM
P: 11
I am a sneaky destruction mage/archer(conjured bow) at lvl 34 or sth.
I still have not my desired sneak lvl (70) its around 55 i guess. It takes ages to level up. I sneak everywhere kill everything while sneaking and still... My archery which is in the high 80s levels faster. So weird.
I started the main quest after 58 hours. I first wandered around a bit and finished the guildes.

The funniest thing is that I didnt know that you can run till level 20.
I also couldnt really figure out how to have an active quest toggle till around that level.
Until something was impossible to find and I ended up looking that up. Now I still don't use it very often cause I realised that If its on I dont really look around and just follow that arrow. Spoils the fun for me.

My follower is Illia and she is awesome. I am really dissapointed that I cannot legally marry her (she is not marriageable in the game) She is also only wearing morokeis mask and jewelry. Har har

edit: And I am going to play now although I wanted to go to bed earlier :D
Borg
Dec15-11, 07:04 PM
PF Gold
P: 759
Several of my co-workers have recommended this game to me. After reading some of the comments, I don't know if I should. I waste enough time as it is.
xiMy
Dec16-11, 07:27 AM
P: 11
Well, if you decide to, give me a call. I just started to go into real estate in Skyrim.
I could offer you a nice house in Whiterun at super low rents.
The furnishing is pretty simple, but it would allow you to set foot on that beautiful continent.
Borg
Dec16-11, 05:24 PM
PF Gold
P: 759
I may waste my time but certainly not my money. I don't play games in order to pay rents. LOL.

Register to reply