My priorities to buy a Mac notebook

• Thread starter Medicol
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mac
In summary: Thanks again for the input!In summary, the person does not want to buy a Mac because they do not have much time to use it and it is for the stylish whose professional field is not much IT related.
Medicol
Why I'd like to buy a Mac (currently desired level/10)

1. To learn about Mac (7/10 - the rest 3/10 is due to my time limited - I have to work on a project that I am almost being drowned at present)
2. To Port program code from Windows and test them (3/10 - because I know I only do this whenever I feel like doing so, maybe rarely)
3. To Learn XCode at free time (5/10 - I would really love to but I almost have no free time and even when I become free, video games keeps twirling in my mind, can't get it out of my head. I think humans need relax and enjoy life, so go head hit the game door!)
4. Mac is stylish and beautiful (2/10 I am not really into this as owning one also costs me $$$ but I still can get one via part payments :DD at 0% interest per month).

I don't want to spend a thousand dollars and more on something that isn't offering me back anything fruitful. Sure, 4 points I enlisted are on top "at the moment", I still need a lot more straight and practical advice from you though. If you have any, please go ahead; I am really thankful!

Happy New Year! May your upcoming year 2015 be filled with all the best. :angel:

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I have found Fedora linux enlightening. I chose linux over expensive copyright OS for its frugality and openness to change.

Likes Medicol
Doug Huffman said:
I have found Fedora linux enlightening. I chose linux over expensive copyright OS for its frugality and openness to change.
I wanted to buy a MacAir model 2014, are they going to publish a new 2015 model ?

Medicol said:
I wanted to buy a MacAir model 2014, are they going to publish a new 2015 model ?
Check http://buyersguide.macrumors.com to see if a model is likely due for an imminent update.

Medicol said:
1. To learn about Mac (7/10 - the rest 3/10 is due to my time limited - I have to work on a project that I am almost being drowned at present)
2. To Port program code from Windows and test them (3/10 - because I know I only do this whenever I feel like doing so, maybe rarely)
3. To Learn XCode at free time (5/10 - I would really love to but I almost have no free time and even when I become free, video games keeps twirling in my mind, can't get it out of my head. I think humans need relax and enjoy life, so go head hit the game door!)
That sounds like kind a good reasons to NOT buy one in the end. Because
1. You don't have much time to use it anyways. So it's a big waste of money!
2. It is for the stylish whose professional field is not much IT related e.g coding. :DD (i.e sales managers, business directors, story writers, smart and rich CEOs :D etc)

Silicon Waffle said:
That sounds like kind a good reasons to NOT buy one in the end. Because
1. You don't have much time to use it anyways. So it's a big waste of money!
2. It is for the stylish whose professional field is not much IT related e.g coding. :DD (i.e sales managers, business directors, story writers, smart and rich CEOs :D etc)
Thanks buddy. Your are really like my soulmate. :D Enjoy your holidays!

Likes Silicon Waffle
On eBay, you can buy a very low cost original Intel Mac. It won't run the latest MacOS, but the differences in OS versions are not that great. I have one of those original Intel Macs which I use for just the purposes you describe (i.e., testing multiple-platform applications). You can get one for $100 to $300. Good enough.

Likes Silicon Waffle

1. What makes a Mac notebook a good investment?

A Mac notebook is a good investment because it offers a combination of high-quality hardware, user-friendly software, and long-lasting performance. Mac notebooks also have a strong reputation for being reliable and durable, which means they can last for many years without needing to be replaced.

2. How does a Mac notebook compare to other brands?

In terms of performance, Mac notebooks often have faster processors, better graphics capabilities, and longer battery life compared to other brands. Mac notebooks also have a unique operating system, macOS, which is known for its stability, security, and intuitive design.

3. Are Mac notebooks worth the higher price?

This ultimately depends on your personal needs and preferences. While Mac notebooks may have a higher upfront cost, they often have a longer lifespan and require less maintenance compared to other brands. They also come with a wide range of pre-installed software and services, such as iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime, which may be valuable to some users.

4. What are the different types of Mac notebooks available?

There are currently three types of Mac notebooks available: MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro. The MacBook is the thinnest and lightest option, ideal for basic tasks and portability. The MacBook Air offers a balance of power and portability, while the MacBook Pro is the most powerful and customizable option, suitable for demanding tasks like video editing and graphic design.

5. How can I determine which Mac notebook is right for me?

To determine which Mac notebook is right for you, consider your budget, intended use, and personal preferences. If you primarily need a laptop for basic tasks like web browsing and word processing, the MacBook or MacBook Air may be suitable. If you require a more powerful machine for tasks like video or photo editing, the MacBook Pro would be a better fit. It is also recommended to test out the different models in person and read reviews from other users to make an informed decision.