Cooling a lattice QCD gauge configuration

by femtofranco
Tags: gauge theory, lattice, monte carlo, qcd, simulations
Share this thread:
femtofranco
Dec30-11, 08:09 PM
P: 9
Hello
I am looking to learn about Lattice Gauge Theory. I am already understand the general theory, (that is, defining fermions and gauge fields on lattice sites and links, respectively), but am having trouble intuiting the results of such calculations. As an example, the following is a YouTube clip showing the result of a particular simulation examining the cooling of a certain QCD model:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdQ5UzzAb-8

Pretty much, I am beginning to understand how to go from general principles to equations to simulations, but am having trouble reading the results of a simulation (in particular, examining its implications). I would greatly appreciate some guidance in this matter.

Note: I am currently using hep-lat/0509046 and hep-lat/0506036 to learn about Lattice QCD
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Vibrational motion of a single molecule measured in real time
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Bubbling down: Discovery suggests surprising uses for common bubbles
torquil
Jan2-12, 05:55 AM
P: 641
Quote Quote by femtofranco View Post
Hello
I am looking to learn about Lattice Gauge Theory. I am already understand the general theory, (that is, defining fermions and gauge fields on lattice sites and links, respectively), but am having trouble intuiting the results of such calculations. As an example, the following is a YouTube clip showing the result of a particular simulation examining the cooling of a certain QCD model:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdQ5UzzAb-8

Pretty much, I am beginning to understand how to go from general principles to equations to simulations, but am having trouble reading the results of a simulation (in particular, examining its implications). I would greatly appreciate some guidance in this matter.

Note: I am currently using hep-lat/0509046 and hep-lat/0506036 to learn about Lattice QCD
Your enquiry might be too broad. Perhaps you would get a better response with a more specific question?

Register to reply