View Poll Results: vote for as many as you want and might actually vote for President
Obama 29 50.88%
Romney 16 28.07%
Santorum 5 8.77%
Gingrich 9 15.79%
Perry 3 5.26%
Paul 23 40.35%
Huntsman 9 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

The 2012 presidential election poll

by Jimmy Snyder
Tags: 2012, election, poll, presidential
Share this thread:
Evo
Jan10-12, 03:40 PM
Mentor
P: 26,444
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
I don't see any, Evo. Not to say that a Christy can't jump in without having built a base and organization, but I don't see who can do that. Got any prospects?
But Christy is a whale. I can't imagine him being electable just due to his appearance, IMO.
Jimmy Snyder
Jan10-12, 03:49 PM
P: 2,179
I don't see any, Evo. Not to say that a Christy can't jump in without having built a base and organization, but I don't see who can do that. Got any prospects?
Christie. He won't run unless he's drafted. It could happen if Romney can't get 50% of the delegates.
Evo
Jan10-12, 04:09 PM
Mentor
Christie is a hoot though. Don't know what his political positions are.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chris...ry?id=14628171
Jimmy Snyder
Jan10-12, 04:46 PM
P: 2,179
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Christie is a hoot though. Don't know what his politic positions are.
As governor he has been very active in trying to reduce govt waste, fraud, and abuse. If he runs, I expect he'll focus on that.
lisab
Jan19-12, 08:52 AM
Mentor
P: 2,975
...and then there were four...

Rick Perry to Drop Out Today

He was only polling about 6%. In such a close race, that 6% can be a game-changer - I wonder where the Perry voters will go? Santorum seems the closest fit, politically.

This leaves Newt, Romney, Paul, and Santorum.
Evo
Jan19-12, 10:45 AM
Mentor
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
...and then there were four...

Rick Perry to Drop Out Today

He was only polling about 6%. In such a close race, that 6% can be a game-changer - I wonder where the Perry voters will go? Santorum seems the closest fit, politically.

This leaves Newt, Romney, Paul, and Santorum.
Perry is backing Gingrich, but that doesn't mean his voters will.
Topher925
Jan19-12, 10:50 AM
P: 1,672
Can you add Colbert as an option to the poll?
MarcoD
Jan19-12, 10:57 AM
P: 98
On Dutch local news, the opinion of a US politics watchdog was that it'll likely be Romney, but Gingrich would -from a political view- be more interesting since it would spur genuine debate between the two parties.
lisab
Jan19-12, 11:50 AM
Mentor
P: 2,975
Quote Quote by MarcoD View Post
On Dutch local news, the opinion of a US politics watchdog was that it'll likely be Romney, but Gingrich would -from a political view- be more interesting since it would spur genuine debate between the two parties.
Lol...things are already far, far too "interesting", IMO...
turbo
Jan19-12, 11:56 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Lol...things are already far, far too "interesting", IMO...
Yep! Things will bet even more interesting if Gingrich starts to gain on Romney. How will this play with the evangelicals on the right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1216106.html
Char. Limit
Jan19-12, 12:06 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,941
Yep! Things will bet even more interesting if Gingrich starts to gain on Romney. How will this play with the evangelicals on the right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1216106.html
Given their past history, they'll probably praise him as a savior of Christian family values. I've long since lost all respect for evangelicals.
humanino
Jan19-12, 12:42 PM
P: 2,828
Quote Quote by Topher925 View Post
Can you add Colbert as an option to the poll?
You mean Herman Cain ?
turbo
Jan19-12, 03:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
If the GOP nominates Newt, it will be a huge gift to Obama, IMO.

How many women will pull the lever for a serial philanderer, knowing that they could be putting a plastic-looking home-wrecker with screwed-on hair in the WH as First Lady? At some point, even evangelicals might have to look beyond the "no abortion" bar they set and judge the moral character and trustworthiness of the candidates.
KingNothing
Jan19-12, 08:56 PM
P: 949
How many women will pull the lever for a serial philanderer, knowing that they could be putting a plastic-looking home-wrecker with screwed-on hair in the WH as First Lady?
It's more than just women who are disgusted by him. I will never understand how it's acceptable for someone to go around preaching about religious moral values but be a total dirtbag in their own personal life. Drives me crazy and I'm sure it just gives the groups he claims to represent bad names.
Pythagorean
Jan19-12, 10:36 PM
PF Gold
P: 4,262
Obama is the "least of evils" this time around.

What a sad Republican line up; that must be embarrassing for most republicans to have these people representing their party. The republican identity seems to have changed a lot since I was born.
Topher925
Jan19-12, 10:48 PM
P: 1,672
I heard a crack team of republican scientists is work diligently on figuring out how to clone Ronald Reagan.
moejoe15
Jan20-12, 02:00 PM
P: 39
Quote Quote by edward View Post
I really do not approve of what the Super Pacs can do. And they can do it with or without a candidates permission. The Supreme Court in my opinion has created a nuclear mud slinger. http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...h-ratings.html
The supreme court is one of the things the founding fathers screwed up almost completely. Political appointments to the most powerful position in the country next to the president? Only 9 justices that perpetually vote 5-4 on party lines? One person on the supreme court holds too much power with a tie breaking vote in the majority of decisions.

The supreme court should be representative of the population and should be chosen by their peers, not politicians. If this had happened sooner we wouldn't have so many really bad decisions like super pacs, equating corporations with people and many others that regular people know are wrong.
moejoe15
Jan20-12, 02:01 PM
P: 39
Quote Quote by Topher925 View Post
I heard a crack team of republican scientists is work diligently on figuring out how to clone Ronald Reagan.
Reagan was VASTLY overrated, a joke to anyone with intelligence.

Register to reply