Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
An interesting glimpse into how future state-of-the-art electronics might work
Tissue regeneration using anti-inflammatory nanomolecules
C2D2 fighting corrosion
Greg Bernhardt
Nov29-11, 08:27 AM
Admin
P: 9,491
Not at the moment. I've considered it, but our mobile skin is ok for now.
p1l0t
Nov29-11, 11:12 AM
P: 58
Tapatalk support would be epic :D It is a wonderful app.

estro
Jan13-12, 04:53 AM
P: 323
Does PF use tapatalk

Quote Quote by p1l0t View Post
Tapatalk support would be epic :D It is a wonderful app.
Totally.
p1l0t
Jan13-12, 07:25 AM
P: 58
I could actually participate if it did. (I am rarely ever home but sometimes while I am waiting somewhere like an airport I go on other forums with my phone). Through the phone browser is just clumsy..
Kozy
Jan24-12, 04:55 PM
P: 130
Can I switch to desktop mode on my mobile? I can't find the option and the PF mobile skin is terrible!
Greg Bernhardt
Jan24-12, 05:01 PM
Admin
P: 9,491
Quote Quote by Kozy View Post
Can I switch to desktop mode on my mobile? I can't find the option and the PF mobile skin is terrible!
I'm sorry no, what is wrong with it?
cristo
Jan24-12, 06:08 PM
Mentor
P: 8,316
Quote Quote by Kozy View Post
Just set your phone's browser settings to not show mobile sites.
Kozy
Jan27-12, 04:31 PM
P: 130
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
Having gone back to look at it, it's not that bad, but it just seems a bit messy. I have no requirement to view a mobile version so an option to view the desktop version would be nice.

Quote Quote by cristo View Post
Just set your phone's browser settings to not show mobile sites.
I can't find that option in the sttings on my iphone.
MacLaddy
Jan31-12, 10:37 AM
PF Gold
P: 221
I haven't tried tapatalk, but I personally like the mobile browser. I have a fairly large Android screen so that might make a difference, but I think the mobile browser is easy to use.

I can also see Latex in the mobile version. Can tapatalk show Latex?
Moonbear
Feb1-12, 07:44 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
It's really difficult to navigate. Is there a way to include the breadcrumbs in the mobile version? If I reply to a thread, there's no easy way to go back to the forum I was just viewing. My choices are to hit the "back" button repeatedly ( the back button in the mobile skin is redundant with the back button on the browser) or to go all the way to the main menu and scroll back down to the forum. That main menu is terrible...it is transparent over the forum page I'm already viewing...white text over black text. I can barely read it. It would also be nice to have an idea when the last post in a thread was.

I think in general, the mobile skin is outdated. I read another forum that doesn't have a mobile skin, and have no problem navigating it as is. With the ability to zoom in and out and easily scroll side to side, I don't need a special skin. It was useful on my ancient Blackberry, but more hindrance than help on the new iPhone. I'd prefer to opt out too, if I knew how.

Register to reply