PF added Tapatalk functionality

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, PF has joined Tapatalk, a mobile forum browser that is considered superior to the PF Mobile skin. It is available for download for 99 cents, and all proceeds go to the developers. Tapatalk is optional and the mobile skin will still be operational. For current Tapatalk users, PF can be found in the Science category or by searching for "Physics Forums". However, Tapatalk does not render LaTeX correctly due to its own template and lack of MathJax files.
PF has joined the bandwagon! Over the past several months we've gotten some requests and I've decided it's time to give it a try. Tapatalk is a mobile forum browser (iPhone, Android). It's vastly superior to the PF Mobile skin. If you hate the normal skin you can even use Tapatalk browser in Chrome. It does cost 99 cents to download the app. All of which goes to the developers. Using Tapatalk is completely optional. The mobile skin will still be operational. For current Tapatalk users you can find PF in the Science category or just search for "Physics Forums".

Have a look
http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Very cool Greg! Thank you.

Thanks Greg, I know a lot of people will be happy about this.

I am curious though, will tapatalk render latex correctly?

MacLaddy said:
I am curious though, will tapatalk render latex correctly?

Good question! It in fact does not. It connects the content into it's own template and doesn't grab the MathJax files. There is nothing I can do about this I'm afraid.

1. What is Tapatalk functionality?

Tapatalk functionality refers to the ability of the PF (platform) to support the Tapatalk mobile app, allowing users to access and interact with the platform through the app on their mobile devices.

2. How does Tapatalk functionality benefit PF users?

Tapatalk functionality provides a more convenient and user-friendly way for PF users to access and engage with the platform on their mobile devices. It also allows for easier navigation and organization of forum threads and discussions.

3. Is Tapatalk functionality available on all platforms?

No, Tapatalk functionality is currently only available on select platforms that have integrated with the Tapatalk API, such as PF. However, Tapatalk continues to expand its integration with various platforms.

4. Can Tapatalk functionality be disabled on PF?

Yes, Tapatalk functionality can be disabled by the platform administrator. However, this may limit the accessibility of the platform for some users who prefer to use the Tapatalk app.

5. Are there any privacy concerns with using Tapatalk functionality on PF?

No, Tapatalk functionality on PF does not pose any additional privacy concerns as it follows the same privacy policies and terms of service as the platform itself. Users can also control their privacy settings within the Tapatalk app.