What dimensions does he mean?

by blackraven
Tags: time
blackraven
Feb16-12, 10:47 AM
P: 12
I read this article: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene..._well_as_space

What dimensions is the article talking about? Doesn't everything have a fourth dimension, time?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists design quantum switches which can be activated by single photons
'Dressed' laser aimed at clouds may be key to inducing rain, lightning
Higher-order nonlinear optical processes observed using the SACLA X-ray free-electron laser
DennisN
Feb16-12, 05:33 PM
P: 441
Found another one here: Physicists Predict The Existence of Time Crystals. Interesting article. From what I gather it involves time, as well as space. A quote from the article:
"Of course, there will be disputes over some of the issues this raises. One of them is that the motion that breaks time symmetry seems a little puzzling. Wilczek and Shapere acknowledge this: “Speaking broadly speaking, what we're looking for looks perilously close to perpetual motion.”"
If so, I fail to see how they will be able to interact with the crystal without slowing it down. But I might be missing something .

Register to reply