What dimensions does he mean?

by blackraven
Tags: time
Share this thread:
blackraven
Feb16-12, 10:47 AM
P: 12
I read this article: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene..._well_as_space

What dimensions is the article talking about? Doesn't everything have a fourth dimension, time?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Step lightly: All-optical transistor triggered by single photon promises advances in quantum applications
The unifying framework of symmetry reveals properties of a broad range of physical systems
What time is it in the universe?
DennisN
Feb16-12, 05:33 PM
P: 483
Found another one here: Physicists Predict The Existence of Time Crystals. Interesting article. From what I gather it involves time, as well as space. A quote from the article:
"Of course, there will be disputes over some of the issues this raises. One of them is that the motion that breaks time symmetry seems a little puzzling. Wilczek and Shapere acknowledge this: “Speaking broadly speaking, what we're looking for looks perilously close to perpetual motion.”"
If so, I fail to see how they will be able to interact with the crystal without slowing it down. But I might be missing something .

Register to reply