Register to reply

How can we expand product of two currents into series?

by ndung200790
Tags: currents, expand, product, series
Share this thread:
ndung200790
Feb28-12, 08:40 PM
P: 520
Please teach me this:
In QFT book of Peskin&Schroeder write:
J[itex]_{\mu}[/itex](x)J[itex]_{\nu}[/itex](0)~C[itex]_{\mu\nu}[/itex][itex]^{1}[/itex](x).1+C[itex]_{\mu\nu}[/itex][itex]^{q^{-}q}[/itex]q[itex]^{-}[/itex]q(0)+C[itex]_{\mu\nu}[/itex][itex]^{F^{2}}[/itex](x)(F[itex]_{\alpha\beta}[/itex][itex]^{a}[/itex])[itex]^{2}[/itex](0)...
I do not know how to expand the product into this series.
Thank you very much for your kind helping.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists unlock nature of high-temperature superconductivity
Serial time-encoded amplified microscopy for ultrafast imaging based on multi-wavelength laser
Measuring the smallest magnets: Physicists measured magnetic interactions between single electrons
TriTertButoxy
Feb28-12, 11:10 PM
P: 194
Oh dear... I would love to know the answer to this one.

The best answer I have been given to date is: think of all the operators that transforms in the same way as the product of two currents, and those will be the ones appearing in the expansion.

It would be so awesome if someone could give a constructive algorithm for generating the series expansion for the product of two currents (or for that matter, for the non-local product of any two local operators).
ndung200790
Feb29-12, 05:35 AM
Given the series,they say that the coefficients in the series can be calculate by Feynman diagrams.Then I do not know how to give the Feynman diagrams for the coefficients.

ndung200790
Mar1-12, 12:02 AM
How can we expand product of two currents into series?

Why is the coefficient of operator 1 being the sum of diagrams with no external legs other than the current insertions?
ndung200790
Mar1-12, 09:22 PM
It seems that there is ''some arbitrary'' in OPE.We can ''adjust'' the coefficients in the series according with ''situation''.Is that correct?
ndung200790
Mar3-12, 12:57 AM
It seem to me that we can expand product of operators by Wick theorem and Taylor series?

Register to reply