Physics book suggestions

by medwatt
Tags: book, physics, suggestions
Share this thread:
medwatt
Mar5-12, 06:56 PM
P: 115
Hello,
To cut a long story short, I'm looking for physics books starting from Classical mechanics and going on to relativity and quantum mechanics. But the types I'm looking for are the intuitive ones. I want a book which will improve my knowledge and not just care about solving problems. A book in which a lot of ideas are discussed and are not left for the reader to deduce without depending heavily on mathematics because I want them for self study. Really a book with a lot of phenomenons discussed that will make one very aware and think cautiously about everything after he's finished reading them. Secondly I would like a suggestion on the order which I should follow before going into quantum physics and relativity. BTW I am an electrical engineer with great interests in physics.
Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists unlock nature of high-temperature superconductivity
Serial time-encoded amplified microscopy for ultrafast imaging based on multi-wavelength laser
Measuring the smallest magnets: Physicists measured magnetic interactions between single electrons
Bobbywhy
Mar5-12, 07:19 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,882
For me Dover Publications has a superb collection of works in the sciences. I own many of them, and still want some others.

“Over a dozen Nobel Laureates appear on our prestigious physics list, including Richard P. Feynman, Albert Einstein, Max Planck, Paul A. M. Dirac, Gerhard Herzberg, Wolfgang Pauli, and the great Indian astrophysicist Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar.”
http://store.doverpublications.com/b...s-physics.html
medwatt
Mar7-12, 12:01 AM
P: 115
I have seen a book called Conceptual Physics by Hewitt and really is a very interesting read. Are there more of such types books ?

Register to reply