Recommended courses for Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.

In summary, the speaker explains that they were forced to leave school early and got their GED at age 20 with a high score. Now, they are trying to join the Canadian Military and take advantage of their University subsidy program, but are required to take certain courses as their GED is not considered equivalent to a full grade 12. They ask for recommendations on mathematics courses for Mechanical and Aerospace engineering, and the response recommends ENG4U, SCH4U, SPH4U, MHF4U, and MCV4U, as well as differential equations, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, and numerical methods using programs like MATLAB.
Drahx
For reasons I won't get into I was forced to leave school for the work force
very early. I got my GED when I was 20 with a very high score, but now
I'm trying to join the Canadian Military to take advantage of their University
subsidy program. They do not classify the GED as a full grade 12, so I will be
forced to take the required courses before applying.

The prerequisite programs are

English ENG4U
Advanced Functions MHF4U
Calculus and Vectors MCV4U
Chemistry SCH4U
Physics SPH4U

and 2 Mathematics.

There are so many mathematics courses to choose from, which do you
recommend for Mechanical and Aerospace engineering?

Physics news on Phys.org
For Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering you need the following courses:
ENG4U
SCH4U
SPH4U
MHF4U
MCV4U

I'm not sure how your system works, but differential equations and multivariable calculus would be helpful. Linear algebra could be helpful. A numerical methods math class (using MATLAB or something similar) could be helpful as well.

1. What is the difference between mechanical engineering and aerospace engineering?

Mechanical engineering focuses on the design, development, and production of mechanical systems and machinery, while aerospace engineering is specifically geared towards the design and development of aircraft, spacecraft, and other aerospace technology.

2. What are some core courses that are typically recommended for mechanical and aerospace engineering students?

Some common core courses for mechanical and aerospace engineering include dynamics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, materials science, and control systems.

3. Are there any elective courses that would be beneficial for a career in mechanical and aerospace engineering?

Yes, there are several elective courses that can be beneficial for a career in mechanical and aerospace engineering, such as aerospace structures, propulsion systems, aerodynamics, and robotics.

4. Are there any specific technical skills that are important for success in mechanical and aerospace engineering?

Yes, some important technical skills for mechanical and aerospace engineering include proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software, knowledge of programming languages, and experience with simulation and analysis tools.

5. Are there any recommended courses outside of the engineering field that can complement a degree in mechanical and aerospace engineering?

Some recommended courses outside of the engineering field that can complement a degree in mechanical and aerospace engineering include business and management courses, as well as courses in project management and communication skills.