Register to reply

Moon Landing..

by ryder
Tags: landing, moon
Share this thread:
ryder
Mar16-12, 01:19 PM
P: 3
I have 2 close friends who believe we've never been to the moon. I've tried explaining to them why the flag moved, why there is no need to go back, etc, and it falls on deaf ears.

This morning i saw this video by nasa [ http://ca.news.yahoo.com/see-earths-...140012773.html ] and it motivated me to make my two friends understand once and fore all.

Aside from what you can find on google, do you PF'ers have a few in your face facts or outright proof that I could tell these two?

Thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Astronomy news on Phys.org
Magnetar discovered close to supernova remnant Kesteven 79
Image: Hubble looks at light and dark in the universe
Mixing in star-forming clouds explains why sibling stars look alike
Pengwuino
Mar16-12, 02:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
It sounds like they might be the type of people who are unwilling to actually listen to any such proofs in the first place. I'd put money on them saying that the photos were simply Photoshopped or something.

There's always the laser range finding experiment that's been ongoing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_...ging_Operation , but I bet they'd say it's all made up too.
dodo
Mar16-12, 03:35 PM
P: 688
1972: THE MOON LANDINGS ARE FAKED!!!

2012: ... aked ...aked ...aked ...aked ...

-------
Edit:
Ok, I couldn't help it, it was too tempting.

As I feel guilty for not contributing anything, here are some links with further links:
Wikipedia
Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy
That Mythbusters episode (it's true! I saw it on TV!)
The three antennas receiving the signal from the Apollo spacecraft (one in California, one in Spain, one in Australia - so the conspiracy is international)
... and more ... (Google)

Drakkith
Mar16-12, 04:00 PM
Mentor
P: 11,904
Moon Landing..

As Penguiny said above, your two friends are unlikely to believe any proof that you can get. Actually, I would point this out to them and ask them what proof they would accept. If it's something unreasonable, or if they wont accept any proof, then just tell them that if they wont accept any reasonable proof then maybe they should go to the moon themselves.

Honestly it's not an argument you can win. Someone who doesn't believe what you are saying or the evidence you present will almost never concede.
berkeman
Mar16-12, 04:12 PM
Mentor
P: 41,143
Quote Quote by ryder View Post
I have 2 close friends who believe we've never been to the moon. I've tried explaining to them why the flag moved, why there is no need to go back, etc, and it falls on deaf ears.

This morning i saw this video by nasa [ http://ca.news.yahoo.com/see-earths-...140012773.html ] and it motivated me to make my two friends understand once and fore all.

Aside from what you can find on google, do you PF'ers have a few in your face facts or outright proof that I could tell these two?

Thanks!
Welcome to the PF.

When you re-read the Rules link at the top of the page, you will notice that Moon Landing Conspiracies are on the Banned Topics list. Thread closed.

Quote Quote by PF Rules
Moon landing hoax conspiracy theories

Search PF for many related threads. If any open threads are discovered, please report them to the staff.

Register to reply