Register to reply

Can we seek out worlds closer to the center of the galaxy?

by Dark Universe
Tags: closer, galaxy, seek, worlds
Share this thread:
Drakkith
Mar17-12, 10:59 AM
Mentor
P: 11,892
Quote Quote by Dark Universe View Post
I just made a call to my Cosmology teacher and ask him to help me in a small calculation about the possibility of stars forming out of intergalactic nebullae...
Are we talking one to a few dozen stars? Or something like a small dwarf galaxy of thousands - millions?
Dark Universe
Mar17-12, 01:13 PM
P: 34
No.
About how do wild solar systems form through intergalactic space out of intergalactic gas and dust.
only this is my theory of how do wild solar systems (and how those wild gas and dust clouds appear[read that "issue" that i had and those 1-,2-,3- subjects]) form besides being thrown out of their galaxy...
And a link of how new galaxies could form in modern times... (starting from few dozen stars all the way into forming a central SMBH and a good looking spiral disk )
Drakkith
Mar18-12, 12:38 AM
Mentor
I can't follow your last post Dark Universe. It's not really comprehensible.
Dark Universe
Mar18-12, 03:57 AM
well...
how do i explain...
earlier i told you if there are alone solar systems floating thru intergalactic space and you said it is possible just as my cosmology teacher...
Here i posted a very mixed up reply about the ways of how do those solar systems form besides being thrown out of their galaxy...
I hope i explained it well enough...
Drakkith
Mar18-12, 04:01 PM
Mentor
Yes, I understand all that. I was asking if you were talking about a small cluster of stars forming, or a large amount. Then your next post was where you lost me.
Dark Universe
Mar19-12, 08:34 AM
I was talking about individual stars forming from small nebullae up to dwarf galaxies... but in general individual intergalactic solar systems...
and also how do those nebullae, from wich the intergalactic solar systems form, appear...
(those 1-3 subjects, with the speculation warning)
Drakkith
Mar19-12, 04:08 PM
Mentor
I was talking about individual stars forming from small nebullae up to dwarf galaxies... but in general individual intergalactic solar systems...
and also how do those nebullae, from wich the intergalactic solar systems form, appear...
(those 1-3 subjects, with the speculation warning)
I don't think nebulae form individual stars. I feel that they would not be massive enough to collapse. Generally the gas that collapses masses hundreds to thousands of times the mass of a single star and creates dozens of stars or more.
Dark Universe
Mar20-12, 12:53 PM
Well that's just classic to my astro-physiscs teacher!
Once a few weeks, when he is happy of it's day or had a kiss from a girlfriend (theory)
he just comes with that absurde smile on its face and asks us impossible questions that no one was yet to answer in exchange for a great reward that also no one was yet to receive...
Today's question was... how do you find out the theoretical number of black holes, stars and nebulae in a galaxy of 450000 Ly in diameter and 12000 Ly in thickness?(my question to this is: is that even possible or he is playing us a bad joke?
if someone could help would be very grateful!
Dark Universe
Mar20-12, 12:59 PM
Quote Quote by Drakkith View Post
I don't think nebulae form individual stars. I feel that they would not be massive enough to collapse. Generally the gas that collapses masses hundreds to thousands of times the mass of a single star and creates dozens of stars or more.
Ok. But how do those nebulae form according to that issue that i had?
and also... but if a wild SMBH left over from a violend galactic collision passes nearby, not to close to swallow the nebulae (and then fart it away (as it is gases)) but close enaugh to magnetically distort the clout and cause it to start collapsing, wouldn't that help?
Drakkith
Mar20-12, 09:42 PM
Mentor
Ok. But how do those nebulae form according to that issue that i had?
They begin as huge gas clouds that undergo gravitational collapse.

and also... but if a wild SMBH left over from a violend galactic collision passes nearby, not to close to swallow the nebulae (and then fart it away (as it is gases)) but close enaugh to magnetically distort the clout and cause it to start collapsing, wouldn't that help?
The magnetic field would have almost no effect. It would be the gravity of the black hole that would distort the gas cloud and cause it to lose its equilibrium and undergo collapse.

Register to reply