Register to reply

Interesting topics about physics for teens?

by physxGuy
Tags: interesting, physics, teens, topics
Share this thread:
physxGuy
Apr8-12, 10:10 AM
P: 7
I'm to do a presentation in two weeks about physics, and I'm wondering what would be interesting to my classmates? (no, I can't ask them, I won't be at school during that period of time)

I was thinking to talk about physics in video games, but it's too technical in my opinion, therefore it won't be interesting for them to listen what I've to say.

What topic do you think they would be interested in (regular people), if possible related to computers?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
New approach to form non-equilibrium structures
Nike krypton laser achieves spot in Guinness World Records
Unleashing the power of quantum dot triplets
Naty1
Apr8-12, 12:54 PM
P: 5,632
How about a little bit of different types of screen displays...LCD, plasma,vacuum tube,etc

Or how about how different kinds of memory in computers and games are utilized...RAM vs hard drive,etc, and how to balance such memory...
Dadface
Apr8-12, 01:00 PM
PF Gold
P: 2,009
Perhaps physics in sport.Some things that come immediately to mind are sports clothing eg trainers and racing car or racing bike design.

Devils
Apr9-12, 02:43 AM
P: 164
Interesting topics about physics for teens?

I'm studying high-school teaching, try not being too male oriented eg racing car, video games etc. Have a look at high school textbooks for ideas.
chiro
Apr9-12, 03:09 AM
P: 4,572
Quote Quote by physxGuy View Post
I'm to do a presentation in two weeks about physics, and I'm wondering what would be interesting to my classmates? (no, I can't ask them, I won't be at school during that period of time)

I was thinking to talk about physics in video games, but it's too technical in my opinion, therefore it won't be interesting for them to listen what I've to say.

What topic do you think they would be interested in (regular people), if possible related to computers?
One thing you could research is sports equipment and what athletes use (both male and female sports).

Look at how running shoes are designed, how materials and structural designs have changed for things like baseball bats, tennis racquets, and other similar things.

Many sports like tennis and athletics (i.e. running) are gender neutral.
Bobbywhy
Apr9-12, 03:20 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,881
physxGuy, Welcome to Physics Forums!

May I suggest you visit this site to get some ideas for your presentation?

The flagship publication of the American Institute of Physics (AIP).

http://www.physicstoday.org/

Cheers, Bobbywhy

Register to reply