Register to reply

Physics for the non-physicist?

by 20Tauri
Tags: nonphysicist, physics
Share this thread:
20Tauri
Apr16-12, 10:33 PM
P: 177
I've always meant to take some physics courses and never had the time. I'm graduating this spring and going to grad school, so I won't really be able to squeeze them into my schedule, and I doubt I'll have the free time to teach myself. I would like to read up on it, though. Can you recommend any good physics books? I'm leaning towards pop sci rather than a textbook, although I've taken a fair bit of math (multivariable calc, linear algebra, etc., currently in diff eq) and can handle books with some rigor.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
Daniiel
Apr16-12, 10:42 PM
P: 125
What if you grab a book like "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, pick out the chapters that interest you and read through them, it's a text book but it has pretty long explanations and the math involved is straight forward.

Or maybe if you just just want a general idea of concepts you could watch some youtube lectures or documentaries.

Register to reply