Negative sequence (Symmetrical component)

by sarayut
Tags: component, negative, sequence, symmetrical
sarayut
Apr30-12, 05:30 AM
P: 2
I'd like to know how do i find I2 (Negative sequence current) if I know Ia, Ib and Ic but don't know angle (in normal system_not fault)? My system's 3 phases 3 wires.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
PsiKick's batteryless sensors poised for coming 'Internet of things'
Researcher launches successful tech start-up to help the blind
Researchers propose network-based evaluation tool to assess relief operations feasibility
SirAskalot
Apr30-12, 01:25 PM
P: 136
You need to specify what you mean by "normal system_not fault"?

Is the load balanced? If so, you know the angles relative to each other. You can then use the symmetrical transformation to find if there is a negative sequence current.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetrical_components
sarayut
Apr30-12, 08:45 PM
P: 2
Thank you very much for answer!!!!, "Normal system_not fault" mean imbalance situation in distribution system. For example Ia= 85 A, Ib= 92 A and Ic= 90 A. I'd like to know I2 for set the I2 pick up to detect low fault current.

Register to reply