Register to reply

What really are intervals in respect to functions ? As defined they

by Kartik.
Tags: defined, functions, intervals, respect
Share this thread:
Kartik.
May2-12, 01:26 PM
P: 55
What really are intervals in respect to functions ? As defined they are subsets of real numbers, for example, two numbers a,b belonging to R and a<b, so with that we can make out four intervals or sets with some variable x and treating a and b are inclusive or exclusive limits and also some infinite intervals :\. How does that have any utility with functions and what are these variables a and b for ? Please someone elaborate on this ?
Phys.Org News Partner Mathematics news on Phys.org
'Moral victories' might spare you from losing again
Fair cake cutting gets its own algorithm
Effort to model Facebook yields key to famous math problem (and a prize)
Akshay_Anti
May3-12, 03:52 AM
P: 62
That means that the domain or the value the variable can take is defined from that set. Eg- If I define a set over [a,b], it means the variable involved can take its value from a to b both inclusive only. For any other number out of this set, the function does not exist.
Kartik.
May3-12, 10:22 AM
P: 55
Quote Quote by Akshay_Anti View Post
That means that the domain or the value the variable can take is defined from that set. Eg- If I define a set over [a,b], it means the variable involved can take its value from a to b both inclusive only. For any other number out of this set, the function does not exist.
Thanks You .

Register to reply