Register to reply

Engineering Electromagnetics by Hayt or Electromagnetics with Applications by Kraus

Share this thread:
shpongle
May10-12, 06:19 AM
P: 44
I want buy a book to learn RF circuit design(I have got a project to do next year and I wanted to start preliminary preparation now). Could anyone help me to figure out which one is better of the two - Engineering Electromagnetics by Hayt or Electromagnetics with Applications by Kraus.

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Researchers find security flaws in backscatter X-ray scanners
Virtual reality guides those whose memory is failing
Intelligent navigation system to personalise shopping trips
Floid
May10-12, 07:51 AM
P: 235
The Hyat book was the undergraduate EM text that I used. It is ok for general electromagentic theory but I don't think I would classify it as having much RF circuit design coverage except for short chapters at the end on transmission lines and wave guides.

If you want a review of EM it isn't bad but if you are really looking for RF circuit design it doesn't talk much about that.
yungman
May10-12, 12:13 PM
P: 3,898
I have over 8 EM book, Hayt and Bug got to be the worst. Only reason I bought it was because it was used in the advanced EM class in U of Santa Clara. Check out Field and Wave Electromagnetics by David K Cheng. That's the book I use.

None of the EM book go into RF that deep, only Cheng has more fields and wave as in title of the book. Get the Microwave Engineering by Pozar. That's the book by which all others are judged, but it is a little more advanced. RF Circuit Design by Ludwig is second best and easier.

sandy.bridge
Jun4-13, 08:42 PM
P: 778
Engineering Electromagnetics by Hayt or Electromagnetics with Applications by Kraus

I have to get the Hayt version for my class next semester, but I will be getting Cheng as well due to the horrid reviews I have read regarding Hayt.

Register to reply