Exchange coupling constant in micromagnetic simulation

by rocdawn
Tags: constant, coupling, exchange, micromagnetic, simulation
rocdawn
Dec13-11, 08:57 PM
P: 1
Hi, all.

I'm wondering if anyone's done some simulation of magnetic material with LLG equation. The question is where can I find the value of exchange constant for a material.

In LLG equation, the exchange constant is in the unit of "J/m", and the typical value is 10^-11 J/m, for some magnetic metal as far as I know. But I can't find a handbook or any online material summarizing this parameter for different materials. It seems complicated to derive based on the structure. Does anyone know where to look for such values?

Thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Modification of structural composite materials to create tailored lenses
Novel technique opens door to better solar cells
Probing metal solidification nondestructively
gash789
Jan31-12, 01:35 PM
P: 59
Hi,
Not sure if you still require this information but I am doing some similar work, using Nmag. The manual for this tool contains some generic value's mostly for Permalloy (Nickel-Iron) which should be about 13e-12 J/m .

If you do find a better source please let me know as I am looking for something more concrete.

All the best
Chilenium
May11-12, 09:42 AM
P: 1
I was confronted with the same problem, but the answer was in wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchange_interaction
Look up A = Exchange-stiffness constant

Register to reply