Are there pelvic muscles causing my soreness?

• Medical
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, pelvic muscles, also known as pelvic floor muscles, are a group of muscles located in the pelvis that support the pelvic organs and play a vital role in controlling various bodily functions. Signs of weak pelvic muscles may include incontinence, frequent urination, and pain during sexual intercourse. Pelvic muscles can be strengthened through exercises such as Kegels, but it is important to consult with a healthcare professional first. Certain health conditions and factors such as pregnancy, aging, and menopause can affect pelvic muscles, but maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding constipation, and seeking treatment for underlying health conditions can help maintain their strength.
I've been training hard the past few weeks and I've got what feels like muscle soreness in my pelvis region, like over my bladder. Is that still considered abdominal? I've never hard soreness there before. I can't really feel much muscle there though. No sharp pain or hernia.

Biology news on Phys.org
http://humananatomyandphysiologyhq.com/human-anatomy-muscles/

Your abdomen and groin and pelvis are replete with muscles, and also the tendons where the muscles attach to bone.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are pelvic muscles?

Pelvic muscles, also known as pelvic floor muscles, are a group of muscles located in the pelvis that support the pelvic organs, including the bladder, uterus, and rectum. These muscles play a vital role in controlling urine and bowel movements, as well as sexual function.

2. How do I know if I have weak pelvic muscles?

Signs of weak pelvic muscles may include urinary or fecal incontinence, frequent urination, or difficulty controlling bowel movements. Additionally, women may also experience pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.

3. Can pelvic muscles be strengthened?

Yes, pelvic muscles can be strengthened through exercises such as Kegels, which involve contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles. It is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any pelvic muscle exercises.

4. Are there any health conditions that can affect pelvic muscles?

Yes, certain health conditions such as pregnancy, childbirth, obesity, and chronic constipation can weaken pelvic muscles. Additionally, aging and menopause can also contribute to pelvic muscle weakness.

5. How can I maintain healthy pelvic muscles?

In addition to doing pelvic muscle exercises, maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding constipation, and practicing good posture can also help prevent pelvic muscle weakness. It is also important to seek treatment for any underlying health conditions that may contribute to pelvic muscle weakness.