Inorganic Chemistry by Khadakov

by Pranav-Arora
Tags: chemistry, inorganic, khadakov
Share this thread:
Pranav-Arora
Nov8-12, 03:56 AM
P: 3,807
Hello all!
I have been searching for a good inorganic chemistry book. I came across the book Inorganic Chemistry by Khadakov. This book is by MIR Publishers which is the reason i have made this thread. Unfortunately, since this isn't a popular book, i found no reviews and preview for this book. Its available in my country, some Indian publishers are republishing MIR books. I am interested in buying this because books by MIR on Physics and Mathematics are great but i have no idea about the Chemistry books by them. I hope some of you may own a copy of it, please kindly share your views on this book.

Thank you!

PS: Can someone post the table of contents for this book? I would like to know if it covers those topics which are taught in my course.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
Prions can trigger 'stuck' wine fermentations, researchers find
Socially-assistive robots help kids with autism learn by providing personalized prompts
dextercioby
Nov8-12, 02:55 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 11,927
I couldn't find it in the world's largest (book)shop (amazon.com). It must be something exotic.
Pranav-Arora
Nov8-12, 08:55 PM
Quote Quote by dextercioby View Post
I couldn't find it in the world's largest (book)shop (amazon.com). It must be something exotic.
Yes, it isn't available there, that's why i made this thread. Its available at some Indian online stores. The cover page of the book says it is by MIR Publishers.

Pranav-Arora
Nov10-12, 05:54 AM
Inorganic Chemistry by Khadakov

I am sorry about the typo in author's name, its Khodakov. I found it on amazon but there are no reviews for it and nothing is mentioned in the description of the book.
Part II: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inorganic-Ch.../dp/8123904096
I can't find the Part I on amazon.
n10Newton
Nov10-12, 06:53 AM
P: 108
Quote Quote by Pranav-Arora View Post
This book is by MIR Publishers which is the reason i have made this thread. I am interested in buying this because books by MIR on Physics and Mathematics are great but i have no idea about the Chemistry books by them.
MIR Publishers are out of date in use. you definitly talk about I E Irodov and Krotov's Physics books and I A Maron ,G N Berman ,S L Loney etc. one thing to be must noted that MIR was not the original publishers of that Russian Books they only translate it from Russian to English.

If it is not popular then not use it as you have only one reason that it is published by MIR.
I am giving you an example the Feynman Lectures on Physics by CalTech and Berkeley Physics Course by UC Berkeley both published in 1965 is still in use worldwide but Harvard Physics Series by Harvard University published in 1980 not in a wide use today.

You are from India (and if in 12th) you have only three catogeries of competiton.
1.Advance placement test in Chemistry - go to college board website for recommended chemistry books.
2.IIT-JEE - First use NCERT and then look up to last page of Bibiliography. also look on Stikanth's blog jee 2008 AIR#1.
3.Chemistry Olympiad - http://olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in/s...try/references

Register to reply