What are some good books on inorganic chemistry?

In summary, the person is asking for book recommendations on inorganic chemistry, specifically for p-block, d- and f-block elements and their compounds. They mention being a weak student and needing a concise book. The conversation also includes suggestions for general chemistry books such as Weller's 6th edition and Cotton & Wilkinson.
Adesh
I'm a weak student in chemistry, by 'weak' I mean I lack some base I think. May please suggest some good books on inorganic chemistry? I want to study p-block, d- and f-block elements along with their important compounds and their preparation. Book should be concise as for me as a weak student will not be able to complete it in time.
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you lack some basic things you probably don't need an inorganic chemistry book (they would go into minute details of the element properties, most likely well over your head). My bet is that any decent general chemistry book will be a good starting point, they typically have strong sections on inorganics.

Likes symbolipoint
I have Weller's 6th edition of Inorganic Chemistry. The 7th is now out and is probably just as good. You'll be able to find good insights on p, d, and f block elements if you pick it up. Other people recommend Miessler but I doubt it matters too much.

Cotton & Wilkinson saved my butt when I had to re-take an inorganic chem qualifier. It's well-organized and I found it easy to follow with only general chem knowledge. (I aced the exam on my second try.)

What are some good books on inorganic chemistry?

1. What are the top recommended textbooks for inorganic chemistry?
Some of the top recommended textbooks for inorganic chemistry include "Inorganic Chemistry" by Catherine Housecroft and Alan Sharpe, "Chemistry: A Molecular Approach" by Nivaldo J. Tro, and "Inorganic Chemistry: Principles of Structure and Reactivity" by James E. Huheey, Ellen A. Keiter, and Richard L. Keiter.

2. Are there any good reference books for inorganic chemistry?
Yes, there are many good reference books for inorganic chemistry such as "The Handbook of Inorganic Chemistry" by Alan G. Sharpe, "Inorganic Chemistry: A Comprehensive Text" by J. E. Huheey, "Inorganic Chemistry" by D. F. Shriver, P. W. Atkins, and C. H. Langford, and "Advanced Inorganic Chemistry" by F. A. Cotton and G. Wilkinson.

3. What are some good books for beginners in inorganic chemistry?
For beginners, some recommended books are "Inorganic Chemistry for Dummies" by Michael Matson, "Chemistry in Context: Applying Chemistry to Society" by American Chemical Society, and "Inorganic Chemistry" by Gary L. Miessler, Paul J. Fischer, and Donald A. Tarr.

4. Are there any online resources for inorganic chemistry books?
Yes, there are several online resources for inorganic chemistry books such as Google Books, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Many universities also have online libraries where students can access e-books on inorganic chemistry.

5. Can you suggest books for advanced studies in inorganic chemistry?
Some books for advanced studies in inorganic chemistry are "Advanced Inorganic Chemistry" by F. Albert Cotton, "Inorganic Chemistry" by James E. House, and "Inorganic Chemistry" by Catherine E. Housecroft and Alan G. Sharpe. Additionally, research journals and publications can also be helpful for advanced studies in this field.