Would the Physics series designed for Engineers satisfy Physics requirement for Psych

In summary: Otherwise, if they don't specifically mention that course, then you should be able to substitute a different physics course.
annoyinggirl
So I want to double major in Psychology B.S and Econ B.A.

I am currently at a CC right now. I want to transfer back to the university I was dismissed from.

Would the Physics designed for Engineers (usually called "physics with calculus") satisfy the Physics requirement for Psychology B.S majors? My school put the physics that Psych majors need to take as the same physics designed for biology majors.

I know that physics designed for biology will mostly ask about the pressure in veins and arteries and stuff like that. I have an intense fear of veins, and just thinking about that stuff makes me cringe. Also, I want to get a more broad understand of Physics, not just physics in the body.

Physics news on Phys.org

This sounds strange. In my experience, physics designed for non-physics/math/engineering major is the same physics except wihout the calculus. Does the course description say anything about a focus on biology used in physics or did you just assume this?

ask the school. usually it would be OK.

I don't think physics for biology majors is such that the questions are directly catered to biology (i.e. your veins won't be a worry because the problems are going to be standard questions) it's just not as much information, so I wouldn't worry about it.

annoyinggirl said:
Would the Physics designed for Engineers (usually called "physics with calculus") satisfy the Physics requirement for Psychology B.S majors? My school put the physics that Psych majors need to take as the same physics designed for biology majors.

I assume you're referring to the school you're going to transfer to, and not the school where you are now. Do they specifically require that course, with no mention of the "physics with calculus" course? If they do, I would contact the psych department at the school and ask them directly, if it's OK to substitute "physics with calculus".

1) Would taking the Physics series designed for Engineers fulfill the Physics requirement for Psychology majors?

Yes, the Physics series designed for Engineers would fulfill the Physics requirement for Psychology majors. This is because the Physics series covers the fundamental concepts of Physics, which are relevant for all fields of science and engineering.

2) Can Psychology majors take the Physics series designed for Engineers instead of the regular Physics series?

Yes, Psychology majors can choose to take the Physics series designed for Engineers instead of the regular Physics series. However, it is recommended to consult with an academic advisor to ensure that the chosen series will fulfill all degree requirements.

3) Is the Physics curriculum different for Engineers compared to the regular series?

Yes, the Physics curriculum for Engineers may differ from the regular series in terms of the emphasis on certain topics and the level of depth in which they are covered. The Physics series designed for Engineers is tailored to meet the specific needs and interests of students in engineering fields.

4) Will taking the Physics series designed for Engineers be more challenging for Psychology majors?

The level of difficulty of the Physics series designed for Engineers may vary depending on the individual's strengths and interests. However, it is generally expected that the series may be more challenging for Psychology majors, as the focus is on engineering concepts and applications rather than on psychological theories and principles.

5) Are there any prerequisites for taking the Physics series designed for Engineers?

Yes, there may be prerequisites for taking the Physics series designed for Engineers, such as a strong background in mathematics and basic understanding of physics principles. It is recommended to check with the specific department offering the series for a complete list of prerequisites.