Fit data NMR

by PhysicsGente
Tags: data
PhysicsGente
Dec10-12, 03:32 AM
P: 79
Hello, I didn't know where else to post this so here it goes ...

I have collected data from a pulsed NMR experiment to calculate the value of the spin-lattice relaxation time (T1). Now I'm asked to fit the data using a function of the form
V(t) = V_0*(1 - 2*exp(-t/T1)). But I'm not really sure how to fit it. Is there any software out there I can use to fit this data with that function? I was trying to fit it using ROOT but I did not succeed ;(.

The data is here, https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwZ...ExfYU1GX2dyV3M
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists consider implications of recent revelations about the universe's first light
Vacuum ultraviolet lamp of the future created in Japan
Grasp of SQUIDs dynamics facilitates eavesdropping
mfb
Dec10-12, 09:47 AM
Mentor
P: 10,840
ROOT can fit that, but you should restrict the fitting range to t>=50 or use a different fit function (##|V(t)|## looks like a good idea), otherwise the result is meaningless. Even there, I doubt that the function gives a good approximation to the measured values.

Register to reply