Register to reply

Masters in mathematics

by rehanhulk
Tags: masters, mathematics
Share this thread:
rehanhulk
Jan3-13, 07:14 AM
P: 5
I have b.tech in engineering physics from Indian institute technology. I want to pursue masters in mathematics from europe. What are the chances of Physics student to get one. I am finding it difficult to write a SOP for applied mathematics/statistics/financial mathematics.

Can any one help me here how to pursue applying here. OR should i go for internship first and then apply for it next year
Thank You
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
n10Newton
Jan3-13, 11:41 AM
P: 108
You have B.Tech in Engineering Physics from IITB/D/M. In which year you are currently. If you looking in Europe Cambridge or Oxford are best choices.
Tests to Take from India, TOEFL/IELTS, GRE(General) & GRE Mathematics. For Internship look at Tata Institute of Fundamentals Research.(tifr.res.in) or visit internshala.com
Internships or IMO medals are a great help in International School applications.
You can talk to anothers who applying on http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/india/

Any other queries are welcomed.
rehanhulk
Jan4-13, 07:12 AM
Thanx for the reply . I have given the TOEFL but not the GRE as european univeristies generally dont need gre scores. i was thinking about the internship because i am not sure whether i want to pursue higher studies. I am very much interested in this field but i am not considering applying for Phd so i dont want to get stuck after my masters in mathematics. Whats your opinion about masters in mathematics?? anyone you
know..

ThankYou in advance

n10Newton
Jan4-13, 07:24 AM
Masters in mathematics

What type of Jobs you want to do after the Graduate Studies. If you are Interested in Mathematics and just want a degree of Masters in Mathematics then you can do this later in your life.
rehanhulk
Jan4-13, 08:00 AM
Quants , analyst or anything else interesting and challenging
n10Newton
Jan5-13, 12:35 AM
Go to the Masters in Mathematics and Cambridge is a nice place for that, Also give ManMohan Singh Scholarship for the Talented Indians.

Register to reply