Register to reply

The most difficult IQ test!

by Synchronised
Tags: difficult, test
Share this thread:
Synchronised
Jan8-13, 08:44 AM
P: 47
Hey guys, I did most of the IQ tests on the internet and I get about 140 in most of them but I couldn't do this one http://www.matrix67.com/iqtest/ I coun't even do question 1 so I am really curious to know how to do them :(
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
World's largest solar boat on Greek prehistoric mission
Google searches hold key to future market crashes
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
Evo
Jan8-13, 08:57 AM
Mentor
P: 26,460
Quote Quote by Synchronised View Post
Hey guys, I did most of the IQ tests on the internet and I get about 140 in most of them but I couldn't do this one http://www.matrix67.com/iqtest/ I coun't even do question 1 so I am really curious to know how to do them :(
They aren't really IQ tests, it's just stuff someone made up. You shouldn't worry about it.
Synchronised
Jan8-13, 09:00 AM
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
They aren't really IQ tests, it's just stuff someone made up. You shouldn't worry about it.
Ok, that makes me feel better lol

Number Nine
Jan8-13, 09:08 AM
P: 772
The most difficult IQ test!

It should also be noted that IQ tests on the internet in general are useless.
Synchronised
Jan8-13, 09:13 AM
Quote Quote by Number Nine View Post
It should also be noted that IQ tests on the internet in general are useless.
Yeah I know but I live in Australia and I can't do the real test here.
The main reason why I am interested in IQ tests is because I have to do the medicine admission test this year and it is similar to the IQ test (section 3).
micromass
Jan8-13, 09:18 AM
Mentor
P: 18,038
Dunno, I think the questions look rather fun
SteamKing
Jan8-13, 09:28 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,311
Doesn't Australia have real IQ tests?
Synchronised
Jan8-13, 09:33 AM
Quote Quote by SteamKing View Post
Doesn't Australia have real IQ tests?
I don't think so. We have the medicine admission test which is the closest to an IQ test.
Synchronised
Jan8-13, 09:35 AM
Quote Quote by micromass View Post
Dunno, I think the questions look rather fun
If you solve any of them post the solutions/method please :P
Evo
Jan8-13, 09:35 AM
Mentor
Yeah I know but I live in Australia and I can't do the real test here.
The main reason why I am interested in IQ tests is because I have to do the medicine admission test this year and it is similar to the IQ test (section 3).
Which test? WAIS? Stanford-Binet? Raven Matrices? I've been given real IQ tests several times in my life starting at age 11 (they are administered by psychologists) and are nothing like what you see online.
micromass
Jan8-13, 09:39 AM
Mentor
If you solve any of them post the solutions/method please :P
No sorry, the preamble states: "We ask that you do not share your answers in any public forum in order to maintain the integrity of the test." So I think we should respect that. (not that I actually know any of the answers right now, but some look doable if I have enough time)
micromass
Jan8-13, 09:40 AM
Mentor
Which test? WAIS? Stanford-Binet? Raven Matrices? I've been given real IQ tests several times in my life starting at age 11 (they are administered by psychologists) and are nothing like what you see online.
In Belgium it is quite common to ask IQ-test questions on a medicine admission test. These questions look quite like what you see on the internet. But they're not actual IQ-tests.
Synchronised
Jan8-13, 09:42 AM
It is called the UMAT, it is 3 sections, section one is logical reasoning, section 2 is 'understanding people' and section 3 is non-verbal reasoning (pattern recognition, special problems, series etc...) very similar to IQ test questions.
Synchronised
Jan8-13, 09:45 AM
No sorry, the preamble states: "We ask that you do not share your answers in any public forum in order to maintain the integrity of the test." So I think we should respect that. (not that I actually know any of the answers right now, but some look doable if I have enough time)
If you do all of them that means you have an IQ of 180!
I was looking at who is the smartest man in the world and many sites say it is William James Sidis with an IQ of about 275 :D
micromass
Jan8-13, 09:52 AM
Mentor
If you do all of them that means you have an IQ of 180!
I was looking at who is the smartest man in the world and many sites say it is William James Sidis with an IQ of about 275 :D
I don't know, but Von Neumann looks more impressive: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_neumann
Synchronised
Jan8-13, 10:07 AM
I don't know, but Von Neumann looks more impressive: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_neumann
WOW! In 53 years he was able to do ALL that!!!
Terence Tao is very smart too, he was born in Australia :) Many consider him as the best mathematician in the world at the moment!
Evo
Jan8-13, 10:15 AM
Mentor
In Belgium it is quite common to ask IQ-test questions on a medicine admission test. These questions look quite like what you see on the internet. But they're not actual IQ-tests.
Yes, and some employers do the same, I had to take it for a position at AT&T years ago. Also a test that would test your ability to do more than one thing at a time. You'd be given a couple of pages of math word problems, and while you're doing the problems, a recorded voice comes on and starts telling you to make changes, making you skip back and forth between problems and change what's there. The weirdest was a grueling 2 day test, where they shut you alone in a small room at a desk and you're told that you are the new CEO of a company, where the previous CEO left under questionable circumstances. I loved tests.
Synchronised
Jan8-13, 10:22 AM
Yes, and some employers do the same, I had to take it for a position at AT&T years ago. Also a test that would test your ability to do more than one thing at a time. You'd be given a couple of pages of math word problems, and while you're doing the problems, a recorded voice comes on and starts telling you to make changes, making you skip back and forth between problems and change what's there. The weirdest was a grueling 2 day test, where they shut you alone in a small room at a desk and you're told that you are the new CEO of a company, where the previous CEO left under questionable circumstances. I loved tests.
My previous maths tutor topped Australia in maths in 2007 (high school finals) and did actuary at uni then he applied to work with commonwealth bank and in the admission test he said they asked him some very difficult probability questions in a face to face interview and he had to answer in about 4 minutes without using pen and paper.

Register to reply