Converting DVD Movies and TV Shows to Video Formats for Tablet and TV Viewing

In summary, the speaker converted their DVD movies and TV shows to video formats for their tablet, with a resolution of 320x240 and 2kbps. They were surprised to find that when they connected their tablet to a 73 inch TV with an HDMI cable, the video still looked good in full screen. They question whether 320x240 is only suitable for smaller devices, but wonder why it looked great on a large TV. They also ask about the TV's processing and how far they are sitting from the TV. They mention that their tablet automatically connects to the TV and they are not familiar with the settings. They are amazed that the low resolution video still looks good on a large TV.
biferi
I converted some of my DVD movies and. DVD TV shows to video formats to put on my tablet to watch them.

I made them 320x240 at. 2kbps and they look good on my tablet.

Now just for fun I connected the tablet to my 73 inch TV with an. HDMI cable.

I played it back in full screen and looked great.

Am I not right 320x240 is only good for tablets and small devices to watch?

It looked very very good on my 73 inch projection TV why?

Engineering news on Phys.org

Does your TV do some processing on the images it screens?
What happens when you tell the TV to display the video full size (pixel for pixel)?

How far are you sitting from the TV? How good are your eyes?

It is possible if your TV does smooth upscaling for 320x200 to not look awful if you sit far away, but it isn't really possible for it to look "good".

My tablet just will connect with an. HDMI cable.

And I do know settings at all on the tablet.

I just plug it in and whatever is on the tablet screen goes on the TV.

I just can not get over the 320c240 shows up great in full screen on my 72 inch TV.

I would like to clarify that the quality of a video is not solely determined by its resolution and bitrate. While converting DVD movies and TV shows to video formats for tablet and TV viewing, it is important to consider other factors such as the video codec, frame rate, and color depth. These factors can significantly impact the overall visual quality of the video.

In your case, it is possible that the video codec used in the conversion process was able to efficiently compress the video without compromising its quality. Additionally, the resolution of 320x240 may not have been a limiting factor in this scenario as the TV's display size and resolution are also important factors to consider.

Furthermore, the HDMI cable used to connect the tablet to the TV may have played a role in maintaining the video quality. HDMI cables have the ability to transmit high-quality digital signals, resulting in a clear and crisp display on the TV.

In conclusion, while 320x240 may be considered a lower resolution, it is not the only factor that determines the quality of a video. It is important to consider all aspects of video conversion and playback to achieve the best possible viewing experience.

1. How do I convert my DVD movies and TV shows to video formats for tablet and TV viewing?

To convert your DVD movies and TV shows to video formats for tablet and TV viewing, you will need a DVD ripping software. There are many options available online, both free and paid. Simply download and install the software, insert your DVD into your computer's DVD drive, and follow the software's instructions to convert the DVD to your desired video format.

2. What video formats are compatible with tablets and TVs?

The most commonly supported video formats for tablets and TVs include MP4, AVI, MKV, and MOV. However, it is always best to check the device's specifications or manual to ensure compatibility before converting your DVD to a specific video format.

3. Can I maintain the same video and audio quality when converting my DVD to a video format?

Yes, with the right DVD ripping software, you can maintain the same video and audio quality as the original DVD. Look for a software that offers high-quality output and customizable settings to adjust the video and audio quality according to your preferences.

4. How long does it take to convert a DVD to a video format?

The time it takes to convert a DVD to a video format depends on various factors, such as the length of the DVD, the speed of your computer, and the DVD ripping software being used. On average, it can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour to convert a full-length DVD.

5. Can I convert multiple DVDs to video formats at once?

Most DVD ripping software allows you to convert multiple DVDs to video formats at once. This can save time and effort, especially if you have a large DVD collection. However, the conversion time may increase depending on the number of DVDs being converted simultaneously.