Increase Text Size in Windows 7: Easy Tips and Tricks

• Thread starter biferi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Text
In summary, to adjust the text size of desktop icons on a Windows 7 computer, right click on the desktop and select Personalize. Then, select Display and click on "Set custom text size". From there, you can adjust the font settings to your desired size. On Windows XP, the process is similar by right clicking on the desktop, selecting Properties, and then going to the Appearance tab and selecting the Advanced button. From there, choose the Icon option from the Item dropdown box and adjust the font settings.
biferi
I have win7 I want to keep my icons. At the size they are but I want to make just the. Text size bigger.

How can I do this I think I looked everywhere.

Can you tell me??

Computer science news on Phys.org
Within a browser you can adjust text size in view (zoom).

mathman said:
Within a browser you can adjust text size in view (zoom).
I think that he's referring to the size of text on his desktop icons.

I won't be on a Win 7 machine until later to confirm but on XP this is how to do it (Win 7 should be similar):

Right click somewhere on your desktop and select Properties on the popup.
Select the Appearance tab
Select the Advanced button
Select the Icon selection from the Item dropdown box on the Advanced Appearance popup
Set your font settings to whatever you want.

Windows 7 is a bit different.

Right click somewhere on your desktop and select Personalize on the popup.
Near the bottom left, select Display.
On the next page, select "Set custom text size".

I am not an expert in operating systems like Windows 7. However, based on my knowledge and research, there are a few ways you can increase the text size in Windows 7 without changing the size of your icons.

One way is to go to the Control Panel and click on "Appearance and Personalization." From there, you can click on "Display" and then "Adjust ClearType text." This will allow you to adjust the sharpness and size of text on your screen.

Another option is to use the "Magnifier" tool in Windows 7. This tool allows you to zoom in on specific areas of your screen, including text, without affecting the size of your icons.

You can also try changing the display settings for individual programs. Right-click on the program's shortcut and select "Properties." Then, go to the "Compatibility" tab and click on "Change high DPI settings." This will allow you to adjust the display settings for that specific program.

I hope these tips and tricks help you achieve your desired text size in Windows 7. If you continue to have trouble, I suggest consulting with a computer technician or seeking assistance from the Microsoft support team.

1. How do I increase text size in Windows 7?

To increase text size in Windows 7, you can use the "Make text and other items larger or smaller" feature in the Control Panel. You can access this by going to the Control Panel, clicking on "Appearance and Personalization", and then selecting "Display". From there, you can adjust the text size by changing the percentage or by selecting one of the pre-set options.

2. Can I customize the text size in specific programs?

Yes, you can customize the text size in specific programs by using the "Compatibility" tab in the Properties menu. Right-click on the program's shortcut or .exe file, select "Properties", and then go to the "Compatibility" tab. From there, you can check the box next to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and save the changes. This will allow you to adjust the text size for that specific program.

3. Is there a keyboard shortcut for increasing text size in Windows 7?

Yes, there is a keyboard shortcut for increasing text size in Windows 7. You can hold down the "Ctrl" key and press the "+" key to increase the text size, or hold down the "Ctrl" key and press the "-" key to decrease the text size.

4. Will increasing text size affect the overall appearance of my computer?

No, increasing text size will not affect the overall appearance of your computer. It will only adjust the size of text and other items, making them easier to read.

5. Can I revert back to the original text size if I don't like the changes?

Yes, you can revert back to the original text size by following the same steps to adjust the text size in the Control Panel. Simply select the original percentage or pre-set option to return to the default text size.