Register to reply

Disposable camera questions

by leroyjenkens
Tags: camera, disposable
Share this thread:
leroyjenkens
Jan14-13, 04:35 PM
P: 542
Ok, I just got a camera and I haven't used one in like 20 years.
I got a fujifilm flash. It was 5$. And I think it's a disposable camera.

On the top of the box it says 27 Exp./Poses. Does that mean that's how many pictures I can take with this thing? That's the only number I see on the entire box that could be the # of pictures.

It says 400 speed film on the back. I have no idea what that means. This box seems to limit the information to reserve room for the 2 other language translations of said limited information.

I heard you can get digital copies of the pictures when I take it back to the store for development. Is that true with disposable cameras?

Has anyone used a Fujifilm flash before? Is it any good as far as resolution and color and stuff like that?

Thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
'Office life' of bacteria may be their weak spot
Lunar explorers will walk at higher speeds than thought
Philips introduces BlueTouch, PulseRelief control for pain relief
256bits
Jan14-13, 05:17 PM
P: 1,498
27 exposure means the number of snapshots you can take,
ASA 400 is a medium speed film for outdoor lighting, decent indoor lighting or flash.
ASA 200 would be a slower film meaning that more light has to enter the camera or for a longer time for a good exposure.
ASA 800 is a faster film and could be used in low lighting areas or of moving objects

you will have to ask your developer he if offers the digital service. Otherwise keep the negative and take it to some place that does.
Fuji is a popular brand.
Evo
Jan14-13, 06:49 PM
Mentor
P: 26,661
Quote Quote by 256bits View Post
27 exposure means the number of snapshots you can take,
ASA 400 is a medium speed film for outdoor lighting, decent indoor lighting or flash.
ASA 200 would be a slower film meaning that more light has to enter the camera or for a longer time for a good exposure.
ASA 800 is a faster film and could be used in low lighting areas or of moving objects

you will have to ask your developer he if offers the digital service. Otherwise keep the negative and take it to some place that does.
Fuji is a popular brand.
Or, once the pictures are developed, scan them into your computer as a digital file. Most printers, even dirt cheap ones have a scan function, just depends on the quality you want.

edward
Jan14-13, 08:20 PM
PF Gold
P: 883
Disposable camera questions

The last I heard you can still get film developed and scanned to a CD at Walgreens.

http://photo.walgreens.com/walgreens...6-0000532b1018
edward
Jan14-13, 08:25 PM
PF Gold
P: 883
Quote Quote by leroyjenkens View Post
Ok, I just got a camera and I haven't used one in like 20 years.
I got a fujifilm flash. It was 5$. And I think it's a disposable camera.

On the top of the box it says 27 Exp./Poses. Does that mean that's how many pictures I can take with this thing? That's the only number I see on the entire box that could be the # of pictures.

It says 400 speed film on the back. I have no idea what that means. This box seems to limit the information to reserve room for the 2 other language translations of said limited information.

I heard you can get digital copies of the pictures when I take it back to the store for development. Is that true with disposable cameras?

Has anyone used a Fujifilm flash before? Is it any good as far as resolution and color and stuff like that?

Thanks.
The lens in the disposable cameras is usually a wide angle. They are OK indoors, but outside they are not very good for pictures of anything in the distance.
Borek
Jan15-13, 02:07 AM
Admin
P: 23,722
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Or, once the pictures are developed, scan them into your computer as a digital file. Most printers, even dirt cheap ones have a scan function, just depends on the quality you want.
Not every scanner will be able to scan negatives.

Unless by "developed pictures" you mean prints, not just a developed negative?
zoobyshoe
Jan15-13, 02:33 AM
P: 5,641
One cheap digital camera is worth 4.8 x 1027 disposable 35mm cameras.
Evo
Jan15-13, 11:01 AM
Mentor
P: 26,661
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Not every scanner will be able to scan negatives.

Unless by "developed pictures" you mean prints, not just a developed negative?
Thanks for clarifying, yes, I meant prints.
jtbell
Jan15-13, 01:19 PM
Mentor
P: 11,869
It looks like the Fujifilm Quicksnap Flash has been discontinued, but it's probably similar to the current Quicksnap Superia:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/qui...ineup/superia/

It looks like it contains a standard 35mm film cartridge, so any place that processes Fujifilm should be able to handle it. As edward notes, Walgreens can process them and put them in digital format on a CD for you. I remember doing this once or twice with normal 35mm Kodak film at CVS years ago when I still used film, and I suspect they probably still do it. Also check Wal-Mart.
Andy Resnick
Jan15-13, 07:32 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 5,541
Quote Quote by leroyjenkens View Post
<snip>

Thanks.
I use about 5-10 of these per year. For what they cost, they work extremely well- no complaints.

Register to reply