looking for atomic energy level database

by einstein1921
Tags: atomic, database, energy
einstein1921
Jan17-13, 02:03 AM
P: 73
Hello,everyone! I want to know if there is database which can tell me the energy level diagram of atom. I have consulted NIST Atomic database,but I can't find energy level diagram. so anybody can help me ? I WANT to get the energy leverl diagram like hydrogen atom in modern books(potential energy is 0 at infinite) Thank you!
ps: I want to get the energy level diagram of Cd
I want to know the energy of 1s electron if we set infinite potential energy to zero!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Researchers find tin selenide shows promise for efficiently converting waste heat into electrical energy
After 13 years, progress in pitch-drop experiment (w/ video)
Global scientific team 'visualizes' a new crystallization process (w/ video)
Kholdstare
Jan17-13, 07:26 AM
P: 390
Usually it can be calculated using quantum chemistry softwares like Gaussian. Without software it is tough.
einstein1921
Jan18-13, 01:38 AM
P: 73
Quote Quote by Kholdstare View Post
Usually it can be calculated using quantum chemistry softwares like Gaussian. Without software it is tough.
Thank you for your reply! take Cd example, I calculate the atomic orbital with Gaussian! there are 24 energy level,but I don't know which energy level is 3s, which is 4d and so on! would you please to help! Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
未命名123456.jpg  

Kholdstare
Jan18-13, 08:43 AM
P: 390

looking for atomic energy level database

Quote Quote by einstein1921 View Post
Thank you for your reply! take Cd example, I calculate the atomic orbital with Gaussian! there are 24 energy level,but I don't know which energy level is 3s, which is 4d and so on! would you please to help! Thank you!
Have you tried to read the generated logfiles? Those may contain information regarding orbitals and energy.

Register to reply