Automatic Wake-Up

by Ravaner
Tags: automatic, wakeup
Ravaner
Jan21-13, 02:41 AM
P: 93
Hello. I'll try to describe a strange phenomenon I look on a PC. My recent PC is temporarily out of order and sent to repair. So I use my old PC ( 300 MHz Win-2000 ) and what happens ... Although I correctly stop this PC in the evening, during the night it starts alone without any human intervention. This situation happened during two consecutive nights ? I must also precise that this PC is connected to Internet. Can someone explain what happens ?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Space-tested fluid flow concept advances infectious disease diagnoses
SpaceX launches supplies to space station (Update)
Greg Bernhardt
Jan21-13, 11:34 AM
Admin
P: 8,534
Quote Quote by Ravaner View Post
Although I correctly stop this PC in the evening, during the night it starts alone without any human intervention.
When you say "stop", I assume you mean a complete "shutdown"? Or was it put on "sleep" mode?
HowlerMonkey
Jan21-13, 12:17 PM
P: 275
Wake on lan in the bios.

Ravaner
Jan22-13, 12:05 AM

Automatic Wake-Up

Thanks for replies. Yes it is a complete shutdown. There is no LAN connected. I've checked in BIOS all wake-up , power-on ... are disabled !
Borg
Jan24-13, 07:56 PM
PF Gold
P: 728
If I understand correctly, you're leaving it connected to the internet so maybe this is what's going on?

Ravaner
Jan26-13, 03:41 AM
Many thanks for reply. This link is really interesting. I tested modification of power management under XP unfortunately this parameter doesn't exist with Win2000.

Register to reply