Register to reply

Automatic Wake-Up

by Ravaner
Tags: automatic, wakeup
Share this thread:
Ravaner
Jan21-13, 02:41 AM
P: 97
Hello. I'll try to describe a strange phenomenon I look on a PC. My recent PC is temporarily out of order and sent to repair. So I use my old PC ( 300 MHz Win-2000 ) and what happens ... Although I correctly stop this PC in the evening, during the night it starts alone without any human intervention. This situation happened during two consecutive nights ? I must also precise that this PC is connected to Internet. Can someone explain what happens ?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
World's largest solar boat on Greek prehistoric mission
Google searches hold key to future market crashes
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
Greg Bernhardt
Jan21-13, 11:34 AM
Admin
P: 9,314
Quote Quote by Ravaner View Post
Although I correctly stop this PC in the evening, during the night it starts alone without any human intervention.
When you say "stop", I assume you mean a complete "shutdown"? Or was it put on "sleep" mode?
HowlerMonkey
Jan21-13, 12:17 PM
P: 276
Wake on lan in the bios.

Ravaner
Jan22-13, 12:05 AM
Automatic Wake-Up

Thanks for replies. Yes it is a complete shutdown. There is no LAN connected. I've checked in BIOS all wake-up , power-on ... are disabled !
Borg
Jan24-13, 07:56 PM
PF Gold
P: 759
If I understand correctly, you're leaving it connected to the internet so maybe this is what's going on?

Ravaner
Jan26-13, 03:41 AM
Many thanks for reply. This link is really interesting. I tested modification of power management under XP unfortunately this parameter doesn't exist with Win2000.

Register to reply