Register to reply

Fortran compiling error

by mechb05
Tags: compiling, error, fortran
Share this thread:
mechb05
Feb6-13, 07:47 AM
P: 3
I Just finished installing gcc and SciTE .

when i try to run a basic code ..the following error is returned(refer attached file)
many thanks

PS:I have saved fortarn.properties file in the installation folder of scyntilla
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
Prions can trigger 'stuck' wine fermentations, researchers find
Socially-assistive robots help kids with autism learn by providing personalized prompts
Mark44
Feb6-13, 09:22 AM
Mentor
P: 21,284
It appears to me that Windows doesn't know how to find your compiler. You need to add the directory path for the Fortran compiler to the path environment variable. Here's a link that might help if you don't know how to do this: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm.
mechb05
Feb8-13, 02:58 AM
Quote Quote by Mark44 View Post
It appears to me that Windows doesn't know how to find your compiler. You need to add the directory path for the Fortran compiler to the path environment variable. Here's a link that might help if you don't know how to do this: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm.

Hi Mark44
thanks for reply.

But the variable you are talking about is already set (refer the screenshot).

i think its something else.Can you suggest some other method of running fortran with good text editor as i am newbie...offcourse a freeone :P
Attached Thumbnails
syntilla.jpg  

Mark44
Feb8-13, 09:54 AM
Mentor
P: 21,284
Fortran compiling error

I'm not convinced that you have the path variable set correctly. The screen shot was pretty small, so was hard to read. The 2nd item looks like C:\gcc\libexec\gcc\686pc...

Does this actually refer to a directory on your computer? The two gcc parts in the path seem odd to me.
mechb05
Feb17-13, 01:26 AM
Quote Quote by Mark44 View Post
I'm not convinced that you have the path variable set correctly. The screen shot was pretty small, so was hard to read. The 2nd item looks like C:\gcc\libexec\gcc\686pc...

Does this actually refer to a directory on your computer? The two gcc parts in the path seem odd to me.
Thanks MARK44

I somehow got it working by following a video on YOUTUBE

Register to reply