Problems installing the TMDlib package

• Thread starter Milleniumeye
  • Start date
Milleniumeye
TL;DR Summary
The conversation discusses the installation and use of the TMDlib source package from http://tmdlib.hepforge.org/.
I'm trying to install the TMDlib package (v.2.2.10). I followed the instructions from the README file:

./configure --prefix=/home/alexey/Software/TMDLIB --with-lhapdf=/home/alexey/Software/LHAPDF
make
make install

Next, I installed one of the PDF sets:

./TMDlib-getdata ccfm-JH-2013-set1

Everything was going well, but when I run the TMDlib_Fortran.F example I get an error

TMDinfo: file does not exist /home/alexey/Software/TMDLIB/share/tmdlib//.info
return on EXIT_FAILURE

Has anyone encountered a similar error?
Best regards!

Technology news on Phys.org
Milleniumeye said:
file does not exist /home/alexey/Software/TMDLIB/share/tmdlib//.info
I'm not surprised that file does not exist, it should be looking for something like ccfm-JH-2013-set1.info in whatever path you have downloaded it into. You probably need to edit something in the example Fortran code, or pass it a command line argument.

Reading the fine manual might be a good idea at this point.

1. What are the common errors encountered during the installation of TMDlib?

Common errors during the installation of TMDlib often include missing dependencies, incompatible library versions, and issues with the PATH environment variable. Users may also encounter compiler errors if the wrong compiler version is used or if there are incompatibilities with the operating system.

2. How do I resolve dependency issues when installing TMDlib?

To resolve dependency issues, ensure that all required libraries such as LHAPDF, ROOT, and any specific compilers like GCC are installed and correctly configured. Check the documentation for the required versions of these dependencies. You might need to install some libraries from source if they are not available via package managers.

3. What should I do if I get a compiler error during the installation?

If you encounter a compiler error, check that you are using a supported compiler version and that all environment variables are set correctly. It may be necessary to modify makefiles or configuration scripts to specify the correct compiler flags or paths. Consulting the TMDlib forums or issue trackers for similar problems faced by other users can also provide solutions.

4. How can I verify that TMDlib has been installed correctly?

After installation, you can verify that TMDlib is installed correctly by running example scripts provided in the documentation or repository. If these scripts run without errors and produce expected outputs, it is likely that TMDlib has been installed correctly. Additionally, checking the installation logs for any error messages can help confirm a successful installation.

5. Where can I find additional help if I'm unable to install TMDlib successfully?

If you are unable to install TMDlib successfully after troubleshooting with available documentation, consider reaching out for help on community forums, the official TMDlib GitHub repository issues section, or mailing lists associated with TMDlib. These platforms often have experienced users and developers who can offer assistance.