I can not use this site appropriately

• Bug
  • Thread starter hokhani
  • Start date
In summary, the user is having trouble using the website because they cannot see the link names beside the links, and they cannot use some of the tools on the website.
hokhani
It is about a month that I can not see the names beside links so I can not use this site appropriately. Also it is not possible for me to use some tools such as math symbols. For example just now I can not see the tools above this window except five of them which also can not be opened. What should I do to solve the problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
hi hokhani! :smile:

what is your operating system? and your browser?

(and is javascript enabled in your "preferences"?)

did you change anything in the last month?

Hi, I haven't changed anything. I used many other computers with deferent windows(XP,7) but they also showed this problem.

I'm not sure what "tools" you're talking about? Could you please take a screenshot and post it here?

Ok. For instance I can not see the attach tool and so I can not send the picture. Could you please give me an email to send for you a picture of my page?

hokhani said:
Ok. For instance I can not see the attach tool and so I can not send the picture. Could you please give me an email to send for you a picture of my page?

I will send you my e-mail. Please check your PMs...

Screenshots:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 395
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 392
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 397
Well, you're definitely missing some stuff!

That happened on my laptop when the CDN thing went down.

I had to clear my cache and cookies and all that type of thing and then it worked again.

Well, as everyone else is not reporting problems, it is most likely related to your system, not to the forum itself.

Looks like the images are not downloaded at all. Under Opera it is possible to switch image downloading off to save on bandwidth, but I can't find anything like that for Chrome (you are using Chrome, aren't you?)

trollcast said:
That happened on my laptop when the CDN thing went down.

I had to clear my cache and cookies and all that type of thing and then it worked again.
Yes, this is the problem we had the other day. Try clearing your cache and deleting cookies.

hokhani said:
Also it is not possible for me to use some tools such as math symbols. For example just now I can not see the tools above this window except five of them which also can not be opened.
This does not solve the problem, but you do not have to use those buttons, everything you can do there can be done manually (by typing those codes) as well. The BB-Codes are explained somewhere in the board software, and math tags have some tutorial here as well.

1. Why can't I use this site appropriately?

There could be several reasons why you are having trouble using this site. It could be due to technical issues, compatibility issues, or user error. It's best to troubleshoot the issue by checking your internet connection, trying a different browser, or reviewing the site's instructions or tutorial.

2. What should I do if I encounter an error while using the site?

If you encounter an error while using the site, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If the error persists, contact the site's customer support for assistance. It's also helpful to provide details about the error, such as the error message or what you were doing when it occurred.

3. Why am I having trouble navigating the site?

If you are having trouble navigating the site, it could be because the site's layout or design is confusing or unfamiliar to you. Take some time to explore the site and familiarize yourself with its features and organization. You can also refer to the site's help section or contact customer support for guidance.

4. How can I make sure I am using the site correctly?

To ensure you are using the site correctly, make sure to carefully read the site's instructions or tutorial. If you are still unsure, you can contact customer support for clarification. It's also helpful to double-check that you are following any necessary steps or requirements for using the site, such as creating an account or filling out forms.

5. Is there a way to improve my experience on this site?

There are a few ways you can improve your experience on this site. You can try using a different browser or updating your current browser to the latest version. You can also ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong. Additionally, make sure to follow all instructions and guidelines provided by the site to avoid any errors or issues.