Register to reply

Math 55 material

by kostas230
Tags: material, math
Share this thread:
kostas230
Feb11-13, 09:28 AM
P: 88
Can anyone give me links with supplementary notes and problem sets for math 55? Of course I'm no harvard student, I'm just a physics major with an interest in math. Thanks in advance! ^_^
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Jorriss
Feb11-13, 09:47 AM
P: 1,066
What is math 55? At my undergraduate institution that was roughly algebra I. At harvard it is apparently honors complex analysis, algebra, real analysis.
kostas230
Feb11-13, 09:53 AM
I'm talking about the course given at harvard

dustbin
Feb11-13, 11:10 AM
P: 239
Math 55 material

There was a torrent floating around on the net. I'm sure it can easily be found. There are links to course pages on the wiki page.

http://www.math.harvard.edu/~elkies/M55a.10/
http://www.math.harvard.edu/~elkies/M55b.10/

There's another faculty page, but the problem sets were taken down.
kostas230
Feb11-13, 11:41 AM
Why would they take down the problem sets?
dustbin
Feb11-13, 12:07 PM
P: 239
No idea... That guy's faculty page is hit or miss for old stuff. I have been using a lot of it for my independent study, but noticed some of it was taken down. You can still see the reading schedule, syllabus, etc. for the classes. The only thing that is taken down are the .pdf's of the homework/solutions and sometimes the exams. But the links I gave you should have all of the content... the webpage is just ugly .

Register to reply