Register to reply

Research in highschool

by cooleinstein
Tags: highschool, research
Share this thread:
cooleinstein
Feb25-13, 12:33 AM
P: 4
I am a high school student in india . I love physics and mathematics . I have completed grade 10 this year . I learned physics and math from MIT opencourseware and Resnick halliday .
I completed the following courses ( with solving thier problem sets and exam papers)
1. 8.01 mechanics
2. 8.02 EM
3. 18.01 Single variable calculus.

I am planning to participate in Intel Science and Engineering Fair 2013 . For this i first need to qualify as top performer in IRIS 2013. I am planning to do a project in physics .
I heard students work under guidance from professors in universties . As i this is my first time participating in science fairs , i need some guidance on how to proceed .
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
FIXD tells car drivers via smartphone what is wrong
Team pioneers strategy for creating new materials
Team defines new biodiversity metric
jesse73
Feb25-13, 12:42 AM
P: 446
You are going to need to network and be aggressive and not restrict yourself to just physics. Knock on the doors of local physics/chem/engineering/bio professors.
cooleinstein
Feb25-13, 01:20 AM
P: 4
Thanks for the reply , But can you elaborate on what i should do . How do i meet the professors ? , how to convince them to help me ? etc....

ModusPwnd
Feb25-13, 08:38 AM
P: 1,067
Research in highschool

Quote Quote by cooleinstein View Post
how to convince them to help me ? etc....
I think that is the wrong way to look at it. Forget the notion that any of them are ever going to help you. Why would they do that? You need to think about how you can help them. What can you do for them? Some programming? Some lab work?

Register to reply