Edit Post Rules: When & How to Avoid "Edited By" Notice

• Thread starter Bartholomew
  • Start date
It may depend on page loading, but it's mainly if someone views your post before you edit it. After that, it will show "edited by..." and there is typically a two minute delay before the notice appears.
Bartholomew
What is the rule for when you can edit your post without it saying "edited by..."? Does it have to be within the same minute, or does it depend on page loading?

Physics news on Phys.org
I do not think time matters. I think it has to do with anyone, other than you, viewing your post. If someone views your post then the next edit will say "edited by..."

Bartholomew said:
What is the rule for when you can edit your post without it saying "edited by..."? Does it have to be within the same minute, or does it depend on page loading?
It's only a minute or two at most from what I have experienced.

Testing message Testing edit

Testing message 2 Testing edit

Testing message 3 Testing edit

Last edited:
It could be 2 minute delay.

Maybe, test...
edit... anyone view?

Last edited:
Yes,it's a 2 minute delay.Is it relevant...?

Daniel.

You have two minutes from the time you post the reply to edit without the notice.

1. What is the purpose of "Edit Post Rules"?

The purpose of "Edit Post Rules" is to provide guidelines for when and how to make edits to a post without triggering an "Edited By" notice. This can be useful for maintaining the integrity and credibility of the post, as well as avoiding potential confusion or misunderstandings among readers.

2. When should I avoid making edits to a post?

You should avoid making edits to a post if it has already been published and has received significant attention or engagement from readers. This can include comments, shares, or likes. If possible, it is best to make all necessary edits before publishing the post.

3. How can I avoid triggering an "Edited By" notice?

One way to avoid triggering an "Edited By" notice is to make all necessary edits before publishing the post. If edits need to be made after publishing, it is best to do so within a short timeframe and only make necessary changes, rather than multiple minor edits. Additionally, avoiding changes to the title or main content of the post can also help avoid the notice.

4. Are there any exceptions to the "Edit Post Rules"?

Yes, there may be exceptions to the "Edit Post Rules" depending on the platform or website where the post is published. Some platforms may have specific guidelines for editing posts, so it is important to familiarize yourself with these guidelines before making any edits.

5. What should I do if I need to make significant edits to a post?

If you need to make significant edits to a post after it has been published, it is best to acknowledge the changes in a transparent manner. This can include adding a note at the end of the post explaining the edits or using the "Edited By" notice to indicate that changes have been made. It is important to be honest and transparent with readers to maintain trust and credibility.