How to access full post thread editor while editing post?

• Thread starter yucheng
  • Start date
In summary, the full post thread editor can be accessed by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom of a post, and it is accessible on any device with internet access. There is no limit to the number of times it can be accessed while editing a post, but it can only be used to edit your own posts. Any changes made in the editor will be saved automatically, but it is recommended to double check and manually save changes before exiting.
yucheng
I noticed that only certain functions are available in the full post thread editor (the more option button when first starting a new thread), but not when you edit threads that were posted (like paragraphing etc). Is there a reason why?

Just curious ;)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Try tapping the little three-dot thingies in the bar with editing tools, the missing tools will appear.

Nugatory said:
Try tapping the little three-dot thingies in the bar with editing tools, the missing tools will appear.
Just not paragraphing but well...

Nugatory said:
... the little three-dot thingies
Apparently, and quite reasonably, that is called a "vertical ellipsis".

• Haha
Likes yucheng

1. How do I access the full post thread editor while editing a post?

To access the full post thread editor while editing a post, simply click on the "Edit" button located at the top or bottom of the post. This will open up the full editor where you can make changes to the post content and thread.

2. Can I access the full post thread editor on mobile devices?

Yes, you can access the full post thread editor on mobile devices by tapping on the three dots icon located at the top right corner of the post. This will open up a menu where you can select "Edit" to access the full editor.

3. What is the difference between the full post thread editor and the quick edit feature?

The full post thread editor allows you to make more advanced changes to the post, such as adding images, formatting text, and adding links. The quick edit feature only allows you to make simple changes to the post content.

4. Can I save my changes in the full post thread editor without publishing them?

Yes, you can save your changes in the full post thread editor without publishing them by clicking on the "Save Draft" button located at the bottom of the editor. This will save your changes as a draft and you can come back to it later to publish.

5. How do I exit the full post thread editor without saving my changes?

To exit the full post thread editor without saving your changes, simply click on the "Cancel" button located at the bottom of the editor. This will discard any unsaved changes and take you back to the post thread.