Converting Movies to PSP Format: Questions & Answers

In summary, the person is looking for a way to convert their .avi movie files into PSP format. They are unsure if they can use their existing .avi files for the conversion. They also ask if they need Microsoft CLR to run PSP Video 9, but later state that they will not be using this program. They ask for recommendations for other conversion programs and also inquire about getting Nero Recode 2.2 for free. They mention the potential need for a UMD burner and disc for storing DVD files on a PSP.
physicsCU
OK, trying to convert movies that I already own to the PSP format.

As a note, all the movies I own are backed up on my computer, in an .avi format, and are all compressed down using autogk.

Two Questions:

1. Can I take those .avi files that I have and use those to convert to the PSP format? I think I can, but I am not sure.

2. Do you need Microsoft CLR to run PSP Video 9? Their website says yes, but that was for the version 0.8, and now they are at 1.51. Ignore this question, I am not going to use this program.

2a. Anyone use PSP video express from www.pqdvd.com? If so, how easy is it and what are your impressions?

3. Anyone know if I can get just Nero Recode 2.2 for free or do I need the entire Nero suite?

Thanks!

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
1. Yes, you can. Just convert them to .mp4 format and put them in your MP_ROOT folder
2. I do not think you need CLR to run PSP Video 9. Check out 3GP Video too.
3. Never tried it, but PSP Video 9 and 3GP Video both does the job really well.
4. Not sure.

Hmm, storing DVD to PSP files would require a huge amount of space. In essence, you will need a lot of memory cards. Sony should come up with a UMD burner and disc.

1. What is the PSP format for movies?

The PSP (PlayStation Portable) format for movies is a video file format specifically designed for playback on the PSP handheld gaming console.

2. How do I convert movies to PSP format?

There are multiple ways to convert movies to PSP format, but the most common method is to use a video conversion software. Some popular options include Handbrake, Any Video Converter, and Freemake Video Converter. These programs allow you to select the movie file you want to convert and then choose PSP as the output format.

3. What file types are compatible with PSP?

The PSP supports a variety of video file types, including MP4, AVI, and MPEG. However, for best results, it is recommended to convert your movie files to the PSP's native MP4 format.

4. Can I convert movies to PSP format on a Mac?

Yes, there are many video conversion software options available for Mac users. Some popular ones include Handbrake, Any Video Converter, and MacX Video Converter Pro.

5. Are there any free options for converting movies to PSP format?

Yes, there are some free video conversion software programs available for converting movies to PSP format, such as Handbrake and Freemake Video Converter. However, these may have limited features compared to paid options.