Register to reply

S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration

by beanryu
Tags: None
Share this thread:
beanryu
Mar15-06, 12:37 AM
P: 96
can anyone do the following integration?! PLEASE!!!
S=integral sine

S(lnz)^2
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
cepheid
Mar15-06, 12:43 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 5,196
1. Yes, we can do them, but we are not going to do your hw for you, as that will not help you in any way. Please read the forum guidelines on hw help here:

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=94383

The gist of it is that you must post your work and show that you have made a decent attempt, but got stuck somewhere. Then we can help point you in the right direction.

2. Your question is not very clear, and your notation not very good. For the first integral, do you mean:

[tex] \int{\sin x \ dx} [/tex]

If so, are you serious??? You don't know this integral?

As for this one:

[tex] \int{(\ln z)^2 \ dz} [/tex]

Did you attempt integration by parts?
beanryu
Mar15-06, 12:44 AM
yes i dont no!!!!

i tried it for like the whole half day

i dont have too much time please HELP!!!!

beanryu
Mar15-06, 12:46 AM
S=integral sine S(lnz)^2 integration

(zlnz-z)(z)-(zlnz-z)(1/z)????????
cepheid
Mar15-06, 12:49 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by beanryu
yes i dont no!!!!

i tried it for like the whole half day

i dont have too much time please HELP!!!!

Sorry, I don't believe you. If you attempted it for half a day, why not post your work as I suggested? Also, what exactly did you "try" for the first one? I can't imagine you getting very far putting pencil to paper if you don't already know the answer from beforehand. The integrals and derivatives of sine and cosine functions are something that you just look at the derivation/proof for once and then remember the result after that. Everybody knows them; there is no computation involved. This integral is given in any basic calculus textbook and so it makes no sense whatsoever that this integral would be given for hw.

You never answered my question for the second one. Did you attempt integration by parts?
devious_
Mar15-06, 12:54 AM
P: 347
I think by "S=integral sine" they meant that S will represent the integral sign. So they're trying to find [itex]\int (\ln{z})^2 \, dz[/itex], and as you suggested by parts would be a good idea.
beanryu
Mar15-06, 12:55 AM
....................................................................... ......... i m dead
cepheid
Mar15-06, 12:56 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by devious_
I think by "S=integral sine" they meant that S will represent the integral sign. So they're trying to find [itex]\int (\ln{z})^2 \, dz[/itex], and as you suggested by parts would be a good idea.
Thanks for clearing that up. That never even occurred to me (proper spelling always helps ). So I have maligned the OP somewhat needlessly, but not too much.
devious_
Mar15-06, 12:56 AM
P: 347
Notice that [itex] (\ln{z})^2 = (\ln{z})^2 * 1[/itex]. Can you see how integration by parts applies here?
cepheid
Mar15-06, 12:57 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by beanryu
....................................................................... ......... i m dead
I will ask one last time, (and hope you pay attention this time), DID YOU ATTEMPT INTEGRATION BY PARTS? If not, attempt it!!!
beanryu
Mar15-06, 01:00 AM
thanx alot, but time out for me .... THANX ALOT THOUGH

Register to reply