Register to reply

Magnet Toy

by Tido611
Tags: magnet
Share this thread:
Tido611
Dec29-05, 05:28 PM
P: 71
can some one help me out wit this it says to squeeze them a little bit but i have no idea what they are saying i have a pair just like em but i cant make em do anything this site says, can any one offer any help?

http://scientificsonline.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_3101302
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
Prions can trigger 'stuck' wine fermentations, researchers find
Socially-assistive robots help kids with autism learn by providing personalized prompts
Moonbear
Dec29-05, 06:03 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
No idea. Looks like the sort of thing you'd need to see someone do to understand those instructions, or else just keep fiddling with them until you figure it out for yourself.
Aether
Dec29-05, 06:15 PM
PF Gold
P: 717

http://www.fatbraintoys.com/magnetoi...eo_footage.cfm
Here's some video of the UberOrbs in "action".

moose
Dec29-05, 06:26 PM
P: 555
Magnet Toy

Holy crap those videos are boring. Who would find that amusing?
Aether
Dec29-05, 06:33 PM
PF Gold
P: 717
Quote Quote by moose
Holy crap those videos are boring. Who would find that amusing?
Stuart Larkin...maybe?
Danger
Dec29-05, 06:35 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
Just keep messing around with them, if you can stay awake. You'll figure out the 'tricks' pretty quickly. Personally, I got bored sick half-way through the second clip. That noise that they make is also very annoying.
JamesU
Dec29-05, 07:18 PM
PF Gold
P: 745
I was looking away while the video loaded, little did I know that my volume was turned all the way up...
Mk
Dec29-05, 08:54 PM
P: 2,056
Quote Quote by Tido611
can some one help me out wit this it says to squeeze them a little bit but i have no idea what they are saying i have a pair just like em but i cant make em do anything this site says, can any one offer any help?
http://scientificsonline.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_3101302
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ROFL I've seen those before, they're like black hematite, and are commonly called "oidz."

This is how you do it:
Hold one in each hand, and throw them up in the air so that they meet.
Make sure you catch it when they fall.

ITS SO FUN!! I COULD DO IT FOR HOURS!!!

Seriously, that's what you do. At their apex, the magnets end up spinning and vibrating around each other very fast, and make an interesting loud noise. I like that toy a lot.

Another fun way you can do it, is to place them parallel to each other on a table, and within each other's reach, realease your grip.

Here's the site:
http://www.oidz.co.uk/
Moonbear
Dec29-05, 09:04 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by yomamma
I was looking away while the video loaded, little did I know that my volume was turned all the way up...

Those videos are awful. Do they think those will actually help sell the things? The videos make them look like nothing more than an upgrade on a pet rock.
Tido611
Dec31-05, 11:26 AM
P: 71
...what a let down, the way they described it sonded like it could do cool things, all that stuff was kinda obvious
Gale
Dec31-05, 11:33 AM
P: 676
yeah, how are they different than just regular magnets?
tribdog
Dec31-05, 12:10 PM
P: 693
they are about 5 dollars different
Moonbear
Dec31-05, 02:16 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Gale
yeah, how are they different than just regular magnets?
They're shiny and have a cool shape so they make more noise. As the first link suggested, they're for fidgeters. Not so much a toy as something to keep your hands busy if you're prone to mutilating paperclips while sitting around reading stuff or whatever. At least, that's what they look like to me. They seem like a great way to really annoy a roommate who likes complete quiet for studying.
moose
Jan8-06, 01:48 PM
P: 555
I still can't believe people buy these, I should make my own awesome magnetic toys.....

Register to reply