How does one time-evolve a quantum state with its kernel function?

Sciencemaster
TL;DR Summary
I'd like to model the evolution of a squeezed state by representing it as a kernel function and applying a unitary transformation, but I'm having trouble doing this.
I'd like to model the evolution of a squeezed state and its properties (such as phase at different spatiotemporal coordinates). I know one can represent them using kernel functions (and I have found a paper that gives a kernel function for a squeezed state: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2105.05990.pdf). I've been told one can diagonalize the kernel function in terms of some eigenbasis and then represent the state in terms of a matrix representation with a truncated set of these eigenbasis functions, or alternatively just represent the kernel function in terms of a higher dimensional grid. Apparently you also need to represent the squeezing parameter in terms of a kernel function ($ξa^2→a\hat(k1)ξ(k1,k2)a\hat(k2)$) Once this is done, one can use unitary transformations on the matrix to actually simulate the system.
However, I'm having trouble doing this. Specifically, I'm stuck on trying to make a kernel function matrix from the paper and/or setting up an initial system (for example, let's say we have a Gaussian beam of squeezed light being emitted, and this simulation aims to time evolve this beam). Does anyone have any insights on how I can do this? Any help would be appreciated.

1. What is a quantum state?

A quantum state is a mathematical representation of a physical system in quantum mechanics. It contains all the information about the system's properties, such as position, momentum, and spin.

2. What is a kernel function in quantum mechanics?

A kernel function, also known as a propagator or transition amplitude, is a mathematical tool used to calculate the time evolution of a quantum state. It describes how a quantum state changes over time.

3. How does one time-evolve a quantum state with its kernel function?

To time-evolve a quantum state with its kernel function, one can use the Schrödinger equation, which describes how quantum states change over time. By solving this equation, one can determine the quantum state at any given time.

4. What factors affect the time evolution of a quantum state?

The time evolution of a quantum state is affected by various factors, such as the Hamiltonian of the system, the initial state of the system, and any external forces acting on the system. These factors can cause the quantum state to change over time.

5. Can the time evolution of a quantum state be predicted accurately?

In theory, the time evolution of a quantum state can be predicted accurately using the Schrödinger equation. However, in practice, the accuracy of the prediction may be limited by uncertainties and measurement errors in the initial state and the Hamiltonian of the system.