Some electric charge and force questions on how to set them up

In summary, the electric force between a glass ball with 2.5 µC of charge and a rubber ball with -4.0 µC of charge when they are separated by 5 cm is -5.9 nN.
kevinlikesphysics
ok here are the question i just need to know how to set them up and work them out this is due tomorrow night at like 12 oclock and my teacher hasnt explained it very well can someone just work it out for me in the equation or just eplain what to do or maybe do one anything will help thanks alot

3. [SFHS99 17.P.17.] At the point of fission, a nucleus with 92 protons is divided into two smaller spheres, each with 46 protons and a radius of 5.4 10-15 m. What is the repulsive force pushing these two spheres apart?

4. [SFHS99 17.P.18.] What is the electric force between a glass ball with 2.5 µC of charge and a rubber ball with -4.0 µC of charge when they are separated by 5 cm?

5. [SFHS99 17.P.19.] An alpha particle (charge = +2e) is sent at high speed toward a nucleus (charge = 69e). What is the electric force acting on the alpha particle when it is 2 10-14 m from this nucleus?

6. [SFHS99 17.P.20.] Three positive point charges of q1 = 4.5 nC, q2 = 6.0 nC, and q3 = 1.5 nC, respectively, are arranged in a triangle, as shown in Figure 17-25. Find the magnitude and direction of the electric force on the 6.0 nC charge.
___N
___° (counterclockwise from the positive x axis)
image - http://www.webassign.net/sfhs99/17-25alt.gif

7. [SFHS99 17.P.21.] Three point charges lie along the y-axis. A charge of q1 = 9.2 µC is at y = 6 m, and a charge of q2 = 7.4 µC is at y = -4 m. The net electric force on the third charge is zero. Where is this charge located?

8. [SFHS99 17.P.22.] A charge of 3.5 nC and a charge of 5.2 nC are separated by 40.0 cm. Find the equilibrium position for a -6 nC charge.
m (from the 3.5 nC charge)

9. [SFHS99 17.P.39.] Calculate the net charge on a substance consisting of a combination of 8.0 1013 protons and 2.0 1013 electrons.

there are some more but i got them right already

Physics news on Phys.org
The magnitude of charge on a proton and electron is the same, 1.602 x 10-19 C. Protons are +, and electrons -.

However, please show your work before asking for assistance.

In the case of spheres (e.g. two nuclei) touching, try using twice the radius as the separation.

thanks i got it wrong thought the reason id ont have work is because i dontk nwowhat equeations to use i have no clue what I am doign and its an online test so i don't want to quess i have been using f = k q1q2 /r(squared)

but i keep getting the #3 wrong along withsome of the other i just need to know one step by step then i can figure it out and my book is horrible is give background info on how it was discovered by not how to do any of it

for # 3 i did f = 9e9 * 1.2e-19 * 1.6e-19 /(5.4e-15 * 2)squared

can you tell me what i did wrong

1. What is electric charge?

Electric charge is a fundamental physical property of matter that causes it to experience a force when placed in an electric field. It can be positive or negative, and is measured in Coulombs (C).

2. How is electric charge created?

Electric charge can be created through processes such as friction, conduction, and induction. These processes involve the transfer of electrons between objects.

3. What is an electric field?

An electric field is a region of space around a charged object where another charged object will experience a force. It is represented by electric field lines, which show the direction of the force that a positive test charge would experience if placed in the field.

4. How do you set up an electric charge?

To set up an electric charge, you will need a source of electric charge (such as a battery or power source) and conductive materials (such as wires). The charge can then be transferred to objects through conduction or induction.

5. What is the relationship between electric charge and force?

Electric charges experience a force when placed in an electric field. This force is directly proportional to the amount of charge and the strength of the electric field. The force can be attractive or repulsive, depending on the charges involved.