Dual monitors

by exequor
Tags: dual, monitors
exequor
Jan31-06, 09:55 PM
P: 393
I have an acer aspire30002 and i connected a dell flat panel monitor to it. The thing is I can never get them to display separate screens. I got them to display the same thing earlier but now only one at a time. Does this mean that the video card does not support dual monitors?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
chroot
Jan31-06, 10:22 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,424
Most video cards do not support dual displays. What kind of video card do you have?

- Warren
imabug
Feb1-06, 07:53 AM
P: 345
The external VGA port on laptops isn't intended for dual monitor support. It's just provided to give users the ability to switch from the laptop LCD display to a monitor or projector.

shmoe
Feb1-06, 11:39 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,996

Dual monitors

If this is yours: http://www.acer.co.in/products/noteb...spire3002.html it has "Dual independant display". On my own laptop (not an acer, and a different video card then yours so this may not help at all) I have to go through the "display properties-Settings" to set up a dual desktop. Using the built in hardware function key flops back and forth between displays.
exequor
Feb1-06, 03:15 PM
P: 393
I have a SiS M760GX. But I don't think that I have this "Dual independent display support" with my Acer. Or maybe, because it does have the function button (Fn+F5) but I have not been able to use that. I have the cheaper version of the 3002 series and I think that may be why.

Register to reply