Register to reply

Dual monitors

by exequor
Tags: dual, monitors
Share this thread:
exequor
Jan31-06, 09:55 PM
P: 393
I have an acer aspire30002 and i connected a dell flat panel monitor to it. The thing is I can never get them to display separate screens. I got them to display the same thing earlier but now only one at a time. Does this mean that the video card does not support dual monitors?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
chroot
Jan31-06, 10:22 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,427
Most video cards do not support dual displays. What kind of video card do you have?

- Warren
imabug
Feb1-06, 07:53 AM
P: 345
The external VGA port on laptops isn't intended for dual monitor support. It's just provided to give users the ability to switch from the laptop LCD display to a monitor or projector.

shmoe
Feb1-06, 11:39 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,994
Dual monitors

If this is yours: http://www.acer.co.in/products/noteb...spire3002.html it has "Dual independant display". On my own laptop (not an acer, and a different video card then yours so this may not help at all) I have to go through the "display properties-Settings" to set up a dual desktop. Using the built in hardware function key flops back and forth between displays.
exequor
Feb1-06, 03:15 PM
P: 393
I have a SiS M760GX. But I don't think that I have this "Dual independent display support" with my Acer. Or maybe, because it does have the function button (Fn+F5) but I have not been able to use that. I have the cheaper version of the 3002 series and I think that may be why.

Register to reply