Finding Aggressive Poems: What's Out There?

• Thread starter ranger
  • Start date
In summary: If you're curious, I could try to dig it up and post it.In summary, this person wrote a poem about a son who has killed his father and is eating their meal. It is very graphic and disquieting.
ranger
Gold Member
I'm looking for poems in the violence/anger genre or anything (very)aggressive. So far I've found this. Does anyone know where I can find more?

--thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm give me a call and remind me to write my thoughts as I'm driving through manhattan and a cab driver cuts in front of me.. oh just yesterday I had some great lines.. I'll get back to you on this soon.

Look up "Charles Bukowski."

Images
by Tyrone Green

Dark and lonely on a summer's night.

Kill my landlord. Kill my landlord.

Watchdog barking. Do he bite?

Slip in his window. Break his neck.

Then his house I start to wreck.

Got no reason. What the heck?

C-I-L my land lord!

Pengwuino said:
I love the ones about kids getting killed and raped written the sexual predtors

I'm looking for poems in the violence/anger genre or anything (very)aggressive. So far I've found this. Does anyone know where I can find more?

If you consider rap as poetry (it is), then this should be perfect:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/2pac/hitemup.html

The Norse skalds produced enough poems celebrating gory glory to titillate you for a lifetime.

Dagenais said:
If you consider rap as poetry (it is), then this should be perfect:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/2pac/hitemup.html

I 'm no-one to judge whether rap is poetry, but I'd rather say away from it. Thanks for the link though.

heartless: that fourth link is a little freaky don't you think.

Anymore links and suggestions(about poets) are welcome guys.

Google this : "nursery rhymes" :biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
Google this : "nursery rhymes" :biggrin:

:rofl:

I was told that the "Ring Around the Rosie" song has something to do with the Black Death. I'm not sure though.

Just get the lyrics to almost any Nine Inch Nails song.

I once wrote a sorta-poem that I thought was very good : it was a first person stream of consciousness account of a person soliloquising over a porridge dinner with interludes of attempted conversation with his dad across the table who seems oddly reticent. As the passage progresses, it turns out these are the psychotic ramblings of a son whose just blown his father's brains out (the father is actually slumped across the table with a big gaping hole in the skull. The porridge he's/I'm eating is flecked with bits of blood, brain, dura and skull.

Kind of James Joyce meets Clive Barker, extremely vivid and graphic, I felt disquieted after I had written it. I deleted it because I didn't want to keep that reflection of the darkness within me. In hindsight that was a mistake, it was really one of the best pieces I've written.

What is the purpose of "Finding Aggressive Poems: What's Out There?"

The purpose of "Finding Aggressive Poems: What's Out There?" is to identify and analyze poems that contain themes or language that can be considered aggressive or confrontational.

Why is it important to study aggressive poems?

Studying aggressive poems can provide insight into human emotions and behavior, as well as societal issues and conflicts. It can also help us understand how language and rhetoric can be used to convey aggression.

How are aggressive poems different from other types of poems?

Aggressive poems often use strong and forceful language, and may portray intense emotions such as anger, hatred, or violence. They may also challenge societal norms and provoke a strong reaction from the reader.

What methods are used to find aggressive poems?

There are several methods that can be used to find aggressive poems, including analyzing themes and language in existing poetry collections, conducting surveys or interviews with readers, and using data analysis techniques to identify patterns in online poetry databases.

What can we learn from studying aggressive poems?

Studying aggressive poems can help us better understand the complexities of human behavior and emotions, as well as the impact of language on society. It can also provide insight into how poetry can be used as a form of social commentary or activism.