Homework helper?

by robb_
Tags: helper, homework
robb_
Feb23-07, 06:57 PM
P: 340
How does a user attain the title Homework Helper?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Space-tested fluid flow concept advances infectious disease diagnoses
SpaceX launches supplies to space station (Update)
Evo
Feb23-07, 07:14 PM
Mentor
P: 25,939
Quote Quote by robb_ View Post
How does a user attain the title Homework Helper?
We award "Homework Helper" status to members that have a track record of consistently accurate posts along with a good attitude and willingness to help the student learn rather than just handing out the answers (which is not allowed).
robb_
Feb23-07, 07:38 PM
P: 340
Thank you for the info.

Tom Mattson
Feb24-07, 10:45 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 5,540

Homework helper?

Yeah, just keep posting good stuff in the Homework section. After a while, enough people notice and agree to award the medal.
MadScientist 1000
Feb25-07, 07:43 PM
P: 94
Is there a "General Astronomy" Homework Section?
Moonbear
Feb25-07, 07:53 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
Quote Quote by MadScientist 1000 View Post
Is there a "General Astronomy" Homework Section?
Not currently. Depending on the nature of the question, it could be asked either in one of the physics HW forums, or the Other Sciences HW forum (a catch-all category for the subjects that don't get a high volume of questions on their own).

Edit: In fact, if you're up to it, there's an astronomy question about 3/4 of the way down the Other Science HW help page that is close to a week old and has yet to receive any responses/help. I don't know if it's too late for that assignment, but if someone is able to help, that woudl be great.
MadScientist 1000
Feb26-07, 04:33 PM
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
Not currently. Depending on the nature of the question, it could be asked either in one of the physics HW forums, or the Other Sciences HW forum (a catch-all category for the subjects that don't get a high volume of questions on their own).

Edit: In fact, if you're up to it, there's an astronomy question about 3/4 of the way down the Other Science HW help page that is close to a week old and has yet to receive any responses/help. I don't know if it's too late for that assignment, but if someone is able to help, that woudl be great.
I'm onto it... Thanks for the tip.
MadScientist 1000
Feb26-07, 04:40 PM
I take the above statement back. The problem is crazy, and I need to learn the formulas first (I'm only 13!) for that kind of stuff. I'll just stay on the Gen Astro section and answer people's problems there.
Schrodinger's Dog
Feb27-07, 05:34 PM
P: 1,142
I take the above statement back. The problem is crazy, and I need to learn the formulas first (I'm only 13!) for that kind of stuff. I'll just stay on the Gen Astro section and answer people's problems there.
I'm in the same position and I'm 4009 years old, I wouldn't worry too much about it, if you hang around long enough you'll earn your knowledge and your medals(that's the most important thing though: knowledge, if you help out you learn more than if you didn't) And if you help out and no one recognises your efforts, well at least you helped, to me that's more important than a shiny chufty badge; I couldn't care less, in fact I hope I never earn one, oh damn, can I get that removed At the end of the day this forum is about helping others, not about your war heroes, let's face it they don't need a badge of honour anyway, we know.
radou
Feb27-07, 05:38 PM
HW Helper
P: 3,225
Quote Quote by Schrodinger's Dog View Post
I couldn't care less, in fact I hope I never earn one, oh damn, can I get that removed
Ha! Then you must act honourable and ask for your PF contributor badge to be removed in an even more honourable way!
Schrodinger's Dog
Feb28-07, 07:28 AM
P: 1,142
Quote Quote by radou View Post
Ha! Then you must act honourable and ask for your PF contributor badge to be removed in an even more honourable way!
I don't think you can, but if you can I humbly ask that it be removed whilst on a bombing run in a Sopwith camel over occupied France? Or failing that in a ceremony involving some official dignitary? How about a joust?

Problem is of course, my name still shows up in orange, even without it, anyway point is I'm not really that bothered about the brass on my chest.
radou
Feb28-07, 08:26 AM
HW Helper
P: 3,225
Quote Quote by Schrodinger's Dog View Post
point is I'm not really that bothered about the brass on my chest.
That's the spirit!
Moonbear
Feb28-07, 08:59 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
Ah...I didn't realize your age before. You may be better off asking questions than trying to answer them in there.

Register to reply