Forum: How to Earn Titles on this Forum

• Thread starter _N3WTON_
  • Start date
In summary, forum users can earn titles such as "homework helper" or "science adviser" by consistently providing accurate information, being helpful, and maintaining a positive attitude. These titles indicate that the user can be trusted for accurate information, although mistakes can still happen and they are also rated based on their willingness to admit when they are wrong. There is also an explanation in the Physics Forums FAQ and HowTo section for more information.
_N3WTON_
I have a question regarding something I have seem on this forum. I typically post in the homework help section, and sometimes I will see someone respond to a thread and under their name will be titles such as "homework helper" "science adviser" etc. I was just wondering how one earns such a title?

Physics news on Phys.org
They earn them from consistently accurate information, willingness to help and an overall good attitude. the badge let's you know that you can feel confident in the accuracy of the information they are giving, although no one is perfect, they are also rated by their willingness to admit when they are wrong.

Evo said:
They earn them from consistently accurate information, willingness to help and an overall good attitude. the badge let's you know that you can feel confident in the accuracy of the information they are giving, although no one is perfect, they are also rated by their willingness to admit when they are wrong.
fair enough...thanks for the response :)

1. What are titles on this forum?

Titles on this forum are a way to recognize and reward active and helpful members. They are displayed next to your username and serve as a form of status or achievement within the community.

2. How do I earn titles on this forum?

To earn titles on this forum, you need to actively participate in discussions and contribute valuable content. This can include posting helpful responses, starting interesting discussions, and engaging with other members in a positive way.

3. Are there specific requirements or criteria for earning titles?

Yes, there are specific requirements for earning titles on this forum. These may include a minimum number of posts, positive feedback from other members, and adherence to the forum's rules and guidelines.

4. Can I request a specific title?

No, titles on this forum are earned based on your contributions and cannot be requested. However, you can suggest new titles to the forum moderators for consideration.

5. Do titles ever expire or change?

Titles on this forum may change or be removed if a member's behavior or contributions no longer align with the criteria for earning the title. Additionally, some titles may change over time as the forum evolves and new titles are introduced.