Where to look for threads I started?

• Thread starter yucheng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    suggestion
In summary, a user was trying to find a thread they had started in the Your Content page, but found it difficult due to the long list of posts. They suggested having a separate page for threads one has started, similar to other forums. Another user mentioned the option of using the 'Find' button on the profile page to locate all threads started by the user. The first user expressed gratitude for this solution.
yucheng
Hi. I was trying to look up a thread I started while ago, in the Your Content page, however, it's really getting long. It would be great if there was a separate page for the threads that one has started (like a homework question), instead of having just a page with all the posts (all those interactions, back and forth with the other members/mentors/homework helpers, within a homework question itself) inside.

For instance, in most other forums, in one's account page, there is a list of questions one has asked.

Maybe I am the only one here who likes to take stock on the questions I asked... of course, there is always the option of compiling all links into a single document...

Okay, wait, it's a search query. Is there then a way to limit it to the nth post? Like post #1

Physics news on Phys.org
There's a 'Find' button in your profile page that pops up a menu which includes the option to find all threads you've started.

Likes yucheng
Ibix said:
There's a 'Find' button in your profile page that pops up a menu which includes the option to find all threads you've started.
Uh Oh. Thanks!

1. Where can I find a list of all the threads I have started?

To find a list of all the threads you have started, you can go to your profile page and click on the "Threads" tab. This will show you a list of all the threads you have created.

2. Can I search for a specific thread I started?

Yes, you can search for a specific thread you started by using the search bar on the forum. Simply type in the title or keywords of the thread and it should appear in the search results.

3. Is there a way to sort my threads by date or popularity?

Yes, you can sort your threads by date or popularity by going to the "Threads" tab on your profile page and clicking on the drop-down menu next to "Sort by". You can then select either "Newest" or "Popular" to sort your threads accordingly.

4. How can I see if someone has replied to a thread I started?

If someone has replied to a thread you started, you will receive a notification in your inbox. You can also check the thread itself to see if there are any new replies.

5. Can I delete a thread I started?

Yes, you can delete a thread you started by going to the thread itself and clicking on the "Delete" button. However, please note that once a thread is deleted, it cannot be recovered.