Register to reply

Elctric potential ,electric field strength,EPE

by ghulamali
Tags: elctric, electric, field, potential, strength
Share this thread:
ghulamali
Mar1-07, 10:03 AM
P: 7
can anyone explain me these terms electric potential,electric field strength inside charged sphere and how they are affected by distance.why electric field intensity is zero inside sphere.what is E-V relation,potential difference and electric field intensity
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
berkeman
Mar1-07, 10:35 AM
Mentor
P: 41,098
Welcome to the PF, ghulamali. What is the context of your question -- what courses are you taking on this subject, and at what educational level? What learning resources do you have at your disposal? You should be able to write out at least the basic static electric field equations for us to discuss.
ghulamali
Mar1-07, 11:44 PM
i am in ALEVEL(advanced level)
i know definitions of electric potential,electric field intensity
but plz can u tell me why electric field intensity inside charged sphere is zero
2: how the electric potential and electric strength varies with distance and 3:measuring potential difference between parallel plate 4:relationship between potential difference and electric field intensity
plz reply me soon
i will be thankful to u

berkeman
Mar2-07, 12:01 AM
Mentor
Elctric potential ,electric field strength,EPE

Nope, sorry. You cannot get help with the questions that your have posed so far. Please re-read the posting rules and try again. You need to tell us what you know and think so far, and then we go crazy helping you.

This is the best place on the Internet to get tutorial help on technical subjects. But we do not give out answers -- we give out tutorial help to hard-working students. Show us your work so far.
berkeman
Mar2-07, 12:10 AM
Mentor
And please, please, please, use the Homework Help Posting Template that you deleted when you posted. There's a number of important reasons that we pop that template up, eh?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
ghulamali
Mar2-07, 12:29 AM
which graph correctly relates the electric field strength or electrical potential in field of point charge with distance r from charge.
there are four options,all r straight line graph one is field strength vs r^2,other is field strength vs 1/r and third is potential vs r and fourth is potential vs 1/r.i think its option must be field strength vs 1/r ,it should be 1/r as graph is of directly proportional but electric field intensity is inversly proportional to distance,but book has checked potential vs 1/r,which i cannot understand
that was my attempt
plz can u now help me
berkeman
Mar2-07, 12:34 AM
Mentor
Nope sorry. Try again with the Homework Posting Template.

The (re-)statement by you of the relevant equations usually solves the problem. Quiz Question -- Why is that?

Register to reply